Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Job compared to part-time business.

A person will take a part-time job for say 20 hours a week. They work the hours and the pay is pretty much guaranteed.

A person will start a part-time business with nothing guaranteed with the potential of unlimited earnings. When looking at the two options the major difference between the two is the level of commitment. When people take a job and hit that time clock they have a specific task and go to work. Yet when it comes to the part-time business, well we know how that goes.

Why does it seem like we the people will commit more to a job rather than a business? Don't get me wrong I'm not slamming a job. MLM is a great way for a person who enjoys their job to free up time and money. I'm just looking at it from a commitment level.

If 20 hours can be designated for a part-time job why aren't most people able to commit 20 hours or less to build their business? Which helps me to understand why events are important.

If you have a job, you have to be there to get paid. If you have a business you should be at local events to get motivation, training, product knowledge, etc.. It comes down to our level of commitment to our bottom line.

If you we can commit to earning a wage why can't we show at least the same commitment to earning a profit?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
If 20 hours can be designated for a part-time job why aren't most people able to commit 20 hours or less to build their business?
This is an excellent question and I thought the whole post was as well.

Some people think that earning online should be quick and easy. When they don't see the money right away, they give up. An online business takes time and effort, just like anything else does in life. A bit of hard work can pay off.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Super WAHM

The short answer is....people like to be told what to do.

And most are lazy...no offense to the lazy ones, it's just how it is...We will always need minimum wage workers wash our cars, cook are food, cut our grass, etc.

It's very hard to inject ambition into someone.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:00 AM
Author & Entrepreneur

ThinkBig22 is right. To succeed in running your own business you need to be very self-motivated.

With a job you have someone telling you what to do, when to do it, and know that if you don't you'll get fired.

I've mentored heaps of people that have wanted to start their own small business. The first thing I go through with them is always a personality check. Some people are just not suited to running their own business.

The personality traits I consider essential for a small business owner are:
- Self-motivated
- Fast learner
- Realistic
- Forward thinking

Skills such as time management, etc can be learned, but personality traits rarely change.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:07 AM
WAHM Addict

Here's something that was posted on my FB page. A good read.
The Way Millionaires View Money Is Different From Everyone Else - Business Insider