Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Is network marketing worth it??

Has anyone made real money?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM
WAHM Addict

It depends on the product or service you are selling and on the representative. Many people have made very good money in network marketing, but it takes real work. It cannot be a hobby.

Like opening any new business (a retail store, restaurant, hair salon), no matter how hard you work, very few earn enough to make a living within the first few months - or even a year or more.

If you are entering network marketing expecting it be your only income, don't bother. If you have a job, keep it. If you do not, you may want to get a part-time job while you are building your network marketing business.

Thoroughly research any company you are considering. Do not rely on the company's website alone. Look at 3rd party websites to see what those outside the company say about it. Plus, READ THE TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully before you join. Can they terminate you without cause?

I believe you must have Passion for what you are selling, Patience, Perseverance and Persistence to succeed. My motto is "Quitting is Not an Option."
Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Grand WAHM

It really depends on your abilities and desires I think.

I know some people who do very well with network marketing. I tried it myself but found I did better with the free money making niche.

I agree with 81charduck 100%! She gave you great advice. Research the opportunity and you need to love and feel committed to what ever you do!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:59 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
It really depends on your abilities and desires I think.

I know some people who do very well with network marketing. I tried it myself but found I did better with the free money making niche.

I agree with 81charduck 100%! She gave you great advice. Research the opportunity and you need to love and feel committed to what ever you do!
i am also agreed with you

Thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 06:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I only have a couple of points to add to what Julie so eloquently wrote.

Yes, the money can be real and yes, it's worth it, however, results usually don't come quickly and not for those who half-heart it.

It can be a tough way to create regular income and will be a bit of a roller coaster especially at first. Huge fun and crushing (I exaggerate, lol) disappointment, sometimes in the same day, lol.

If you are not strongly driven to share your product, or know you must be self-employed for your sanity and happiness, you'll be tempted to quit on those difficult days when nobody is responding.

On the other hand, during times when your sign-ups and customers are rolling in seemingly effortlessly (of course, as a result of previous hard work), you will wonder why you ever doubted.

The key question...will you work as hard for yourself as you do for a company owner's success at your job?

Deb
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 AM
WAHM Addict

It depends. Compared to what? Then there's the question of what do you mean by real money? As for companies and products there are some that pay a decent commission for the initial sale of a product or service that will allow a committed person to earn enough to live on.

Consist this. Currently th ed is a fight to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour. One solution is people making under $15 an hour could start a network marketing business on th ed spare and off time. If worked consistently there is a good chance over the years that side business could have brought in some good income.

Yes you can make real money.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Awesome WAHM

So many good replies here for you and I agree. If you're willing to do the work and are willing to learn, absolutely it's worth it. I just did a comparison on my blog of what someone could do in our opportunity compared to take a part-time job for the holidays. Much better for fewer hours. That said, it's a business and you have to treat it that way to do well.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Registered WAHM

As the others have said, "it depends". You must realize that they are not "get rich quick" opportunities, even though they will have you think that, especially if you attend one of their "meetings". They will always outline the perfect scenario, which never happens.

One of the network marketing companies I am involved with has said, "go out and see how many "no's" you can get" If you go for 100 no's, you are bound to get a yes. This frame of mind makes all the difference in preventing you from becoming discouraged, which happens most of the time to new recruits.

This will be a 3-5 year plan. As previously mentioned, it will be supplemental to however else you earn money currently. It was good advise to check what people outside the company have said, which you can usually find in a chat group.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered WAHM

Lightbulb So many great posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easybusinessad View Post
As the others have said, "it depends". You must realize that they are not "get rich quick" opportunities, even though they will have you think that, especially if you attend one of their "meetings". They will always outline the perfect scenario, which never happens.

One of the network marketing companies I am involved with has said, "go out and see how many "no's" you can get" If you go for 100 no's, you are bound to get a yes. This frame of mind makes all the difference in preventing you from becoming discouraged, which happens most of the time to new recruits.

This will be a 3-5 year plan. As previously mentioned, it will be supplemental to however else you earn money currently. It was good advise to check what people outside the company have said, which you can usually find in a chat group.
There have been a lot of great quality replies on this thread.

Network Marketing is an amazing opportunity!

It's definitely not for everyone and there's a high turn-over rate. It get's more difficult because a lot of people who can succeed in the industry drop out because of other factors as well- lack of motivation, poor training by their upline, etc.

[SIZE="3"][/It's very important to carefully consider which opportunity you want to participate in.[SIZE]

You can get all your facts and make an educated decision by considering these key factors.

-Is the product something that will give me an advantage in an overly saturated market?
- Does the person trying to recruit you seem like they have your best intentions in mind?
- What kind of training are you going to receive and how are they going to execute a strategy that is going to make results?

Network Marketing is self-development with a compensation plan.

I personally value persistence and consistency and I live through those values by strategically working on a specific aspect of my life and habits.

For example, I sharpen my communication skills every day. This is so I can connect with people in a way that puts them at ease. It's important to me to understand my future recruit.

This is especially so because I need to know what kind of person they are before I begin to business with them.

The key to success is mindset and consistency

Hope this helps
Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yes I've made money. But regardless how much money I have made with my business or any of the others here have made with theirs will have zero impact on how much YOU could make with it. You might make way more with my business than I do, or you might never make a dime... it all depends on a few key variables such as whether or not it is something you can believe in as a business model, or whether the products are something you can believe in... or whether or not you are a motivated individual...

So like the rest have said already... it really all depends on each of us as individuals!