Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Default We always hear about building relationships

But to be real I've never really seen it go beyond a business relationship. One thing that got to me was when I left another company it seemed like I was shunned. Sure I understand people loose touch but some people didn't return phone calls. So when for the most part when I hear people say build relationship from my past experience I see it strictly from a business perspective because as I've seen and experienced the relationships are usually strictly business.

Well until now. Instead of TV I have changed to watching speakers on You Tube as much as I can for personal development. For those who want to get a very good idea about building relationships go to you tube and do a search on "Mike Tuttle, Building Relationships". It's 50 minutes long but I'm sure you will enjoy it and learn. As always he may be with another company than you are but filter that out and just collect the gems which you can use in your business. Great video.

Last edited by Cornelius; 05-03-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
WAHM Addict

I agree with you for the most part. However, I have established a few REAL relationships over the years. I still communicate with a few people from my last company. I also stay in contact with a couple who left my current team. We don't discuss business, so I think those are real relationships.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Hi 81Charduck,

I am Yolajw, I am new here. I read your article and took your advice about that guy named Mike. Wow... I just want to thank you for sharing that tip. Now I am a Network Marketer who am part of a really awesome team, and one of our team leaders always tell us to build relationships, care about the people, all the things Mike spoke of, however Mike just put it into perspective with his life stories and examples.

So once again, I thank you for sharing, your act is going to help me impact many lives from now on.

Thank you
Yolajw.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
WAHM Regular

I definitely know what you mean. I really like what we do because we are a team, and because some of the people in our downline, we already know, so there is already a personal relationship built between us from the start.

A lot of our recruits are also people we have never met before and still havent. Although we video chat weekly, sometimes even daily with each other talking business and giving each other advice. We even chat about regular day to day things! We are very laid back here and doesnt even feel like "networking"... more like sharing something to help others live better lives while living it too.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Great post! It really is about relationships. Sometimes it's just a business relationship and sometimes you can build real friendships.

Thank you for sharing the video. I plan to watch that this weekend.

Sharing your story, via blog or video, is one way to help build those relationships. People want to do business with those they feel like they know.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:28 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a very good topic. I think building relationships is important but it takes a lot of work and time. Most people are not willing to put in the time it takes. It's good to know as many people as possible in our industry...that's how many joint ventures are started. I've learned a lot from networking with others and hopefully they've learned a lot from me.