Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Hopefully someone will answer this question.

In general terms what is the WAHM looking for? Is it part time income, full time income, spare time income or is it about freedom and time with family? The thing is many people I have had conversations want to be in business but for the most part have a hard time getting out of the 9-5 mindset. Which is ok if it's just a thing of earning extra income or doing something part time but it a whole different ball game if someone is looking at a career change and doing something on a full time basis.

Once a person says they want to do something on a full time basis that is a real responsibility on their upline (you) because they are basically putting their financial future in your hands. So to get to that point there has to be a game plan for greatness. Not to be negative but most people who join network marketing companies are going to quit. Most people won't do what it takes to reach their dreams because being in business isn't easy. You will get tested and when tested most people will quit and just fall back to the 9-5.

That's why it's a good idea why part timers are the life blood. Get them in, get them making a profit and if they want to make a full time commitment then design a game plan them to full time. Bringing someone into our teams is not something to be taken lightly. If you find someone who has a true desire to be full time it you don't have a plan in place consult with your up lines for guidance.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 04:23 PM
WAHM Addict

The majority of my team members work their businesses part time. Most have full-time jobs and/or children at home. I was excited to learn this week that one of my team members is quitting her part-time job to work her business full time.

Without our part-time working team members, I believe you are right, we'd have a difficult time building teams.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:57 PM
WAHM Regular

As a WAHM I want the freedom to stay home with my son. I consider myself only part time with my NWM business, and I have a part time hourly job also. I think if I met someone that had a full time job and wanted to quit, I would encourage them not to. I would encourage them to get started first and wait until they have enough income to live off of first. My game plan with people that have the 9-5 mindset is to help them transition their thinking. Most people aren't willing to work hard enough on their own business as they are for a boss. That's the sad truth. And even if they did, that doesn't mean that they would have a 9-5 job type of return on their time.

It would be foolish to lead someone to believe that they could replace their FT income quickly, easily, or consistently on this type of business - AND NWMs who DO lead people to believe it really is that easy make it harder on the rest of us, and turn our companies into "scams."

The bottom line, and what I tell everyone that I talk to about my business opportunity, is it's about getting the product out. Find customers, sell the product - because as we've all talked about already, if you don't love the product you won't be successful selling and promoting it unless you're willing to spend a LOT of time and money marketing it. If you can do that, you will find that there are customers that want to promote and earn a little extra money, or enough to pay for their products... and maybe, just maybe, you'll find a couple that are on fire and have what it takes to replace a full time job.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:26 PM
WAHM Addict

I think in some respect many of us which includes me may not stress the aspect of starting part time and just trying the opportunity. Just start making some extra income and then go from there. Keep it simple and duplicatable for the masses.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:08 PM
WAHM Regular

I honestly believe it depends on the person. Some are single looking for a complete replacement of their current full time job, so they can stay home more with their children. Some just want a supplemental income while their spouse works full time. Whatever that desire may be, we are all looking for one thing; a better life.

I personally couldn't see myself working the 9-5 anymore, making someone else rich while I lived paycheck to paycheck paying off student loans that were going to haunt me forever because of the insanely high interest rates.

I wanted to be financially free, in the best sense possible. No stress, no worries, just living life how I want to. That is the reason I chose the company I work for now. Their benefits allow me to save money on things I already pay for already, such as my utilities, rent, etc. I love talking to people and seeing others succeed. I know that sounds kind of corny, but honestly, seeing the world struggle, elderly working at Walmart until their dying day... this isnt right and people deserve better, however, they have that choice, just like I did.

Last edited by JLindsey; 05-04-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Sure there are the benefits of being the boss but there's also the responsibility of being the boss. When people decide to give up that guaranteed income for many that's a huge decision and commitment. There has to be a plan in place and the person has to prove that they can make it work. If not they can be thrown further behind financially with a broken spirit which they may never recover from.

So from a general WAH perspective people are looking to transition from the 9-5 world to running a business from home?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:02 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Arrow

From research from organizations such as the DSA, most really need or want to earn an extra $300 to $500 a month which is doable in almost any company. Others will wish to replace a full time income, however are they willing to work that hard and stay with it?

The key (in my experience) is whether the person joining will show up for work. That was really hard for me too and took me a long time to get it right. I joined a lot of companies and did little or nothing with them.

I also believe the sponsor isn't the key to a person's success, rather the person is. In my past, I had great sponsors and fair sponsors. It didn't matter. I quit anyway. The issue was my lack of focus and commitment. A sponsor can guide, but we cannot teach drive to succeed. A person has to have the personal drive and commitment. I find that to be the number 1 stumbling block.

It took me almost 20 years to show up for work for myself, focus and quit..quitting. I was a champion quitter.

Last edited by wahmse; 05-05-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 AM
WAHM Regular

I always suggest people continue with their jobs outside of the home while they start building a new business because it takes time to get that full-time paycheck. When people get to that point where they can fire their boss that is an amazing thing and something to be proud of. There are those people, like myself that are home 100% of the time and have the availability to work on a full-time basis. It truly depends on the needs of the prospect. Always cater to their personal story. Be available and ready to assist when needed.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:50 PM
Registered WAHM

For me, I'm a WAHM with a jewelry business on Etsy. My network marketing came first but I've always keep it going.

I'm in MLM to supplement my income. I think if someone wants to start network marketing full time, they shouldn't rely on their upline. They need to learn the ropes and get out there an hustle. (my opinion)

Old 05-17-2014, 03:17 PM
WAHM Regular

For most WAHM it's about time and freedom. Time and freedom go hand in hand; the more you have the more money you have. Since women for the most part are more family oriented than men, time and freedom is a better lead than money.