Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Store front, online or home and vendor parties only?

Hi all, I have been curious based on all the questions people have when asking how to build their businesses...leading me to wonder if...any of today's various new opportunities allow for reps to sell in a stand alone (or shared space--like a tiny corner, room or spot) like say in a high traffic business (like a hair salon)? I know in the past, many companies didn't (which makes no sense) since a set place (with set hours) allows for people to come to you when they're ready, bring or refer their friends and gives you more of a solid (here I am...I'll be around) base or footing in the community... .
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi - I'm not in Network Marketing. BUT I do run a Consignment Sale Event and know that lots of direct marketers (Thirty One, Jamberry Nails, Avon, etc.) set up and sell at Consignment Events. They rent a table and sell direct to the shoppers at the event. It's similar to renting a table at a weekend market. I'm not sure about whether more long term arrangements are allowed.

I'd also be interested to hear from others what is typical.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM
WAHM Regular

The OrGano Gold opportunity allows us to set up anywhere we go, whether it be a hair salon, barber shop, outside in the park or at a construction site; anywhere people drink coffee! You are only limited by your imagination, so the possibilities are endless. It's one of the things I love most about my business.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saomiller View Post
Hi - I'm not in Network Marketing. BUT I do run a Consignment Sale Event and know that lots of direct marketers (Thirty One, Jamberry Nails, Avon, etc.) set up and sell at Consignment Events. They rent a table and sell direct to the shoppers at the event. It's similar to renting a table at a weekend market. I'm not sure about whether more long term arrangements are allowed.

I'd also be interested to hear from others what is typical.
Thanks, Sao! me, too! It would be a good way to get consultants and reps out of the 'who (else) can I sell this to, besides the obvious usual?'
Old 04-24-2014, 03:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie804 View Post
The OrGano Gold opportunity allows us to set up anywhere we go, whether it be a hair salon, barber shop, outside in the park or at a construction site; anywhere people drink coffee! You are only limited by your imagination, so the possibilities are endless. It's one of the things I love most about my business.
That's awesome, Angie! biz op's should give/allow reps more 'thinking outside the box' ways and means to gather customers and spread good cheer about their business. Being in an established retail space (that's already rented by someone else) does a 3 fold thing:

Let's you skip licensing (can't run a commercial business from a residential space), plus, you might not want people in and out of your home!

Makes those (especially structured corporate workers) used to a set 9-5 schedule feel more at ease and comfortable.

Makes some reps feel like they're really in business by getting out of the house; since they have to get up, get dressed and go open up their business/shop (for even a couple of hours) a day or week--perhaps just down the street!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:27 AM
WAHM Regular

Oh...almost forgot to mention...being in your own little (shared) space saves on gas...since people will come to you (on their lunch break or right after work) when they see you have set hours of operation! What's even cooler is...(even if it's not true... ) leaving a cute note saying you're sorry but you are out doing a home/corporate party and to TEXT you if they need your services! Now, you've got their cell number and can establish a business repose!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:45 AM
WAHM Regular

USANA is allowed to sell as retail and have a few bulk-buy options to facilitate retail profit, but they are not allowed to be sold in retail stores... only service-based locations, like salons, gyms, massage parlors... things like that.