Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I'm new to this and wanting to learn to work from home

I have always had a part time or full time job. I am pregnant with my 2nd child, due the beginning of June. I would love to stay at home after having this baby and be able to earn an income from home. If anyone has any tips on how to get started, where to look, how to pick out a legit company vs. A scam, etc. I would greatly appreciate any insight!

Does anyone know anything about a company called 'web fortune master'? They for money start up a membership. Would that be a scam to watch out for?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Grand WAHM

I'm normally cautious of anything that requires a large start up fee, but there are legitimate opportunities out there. Before jumping into anything, do your research. Make sure the opportunity is legitimate and that it has a proven payment history.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:33 AM
TheWorkAtHomeWife.com

It's my understanding that program is simply teaching you how to setup websites and make money through affiliate marketing. That isn't necessarily a scam, but it's also my understanding there is no ongoing support with that program. If you have questions, you are on your own. There are some much more reputable membership programs that will provide support and resources if this is the route you want to take.

Please be aware that it can take quite some time to make money with a website and there will be other costs involved (domain name registration, hosting). It should by no means be considered reliable income at the onset. If you are looking for something more reliable and guaranteed, check out the Telecommuting folder towards the top. Job leads are listed there daily.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Super WAHM

This is a great resource for work at home opportunities. I would ask you to be very cautious in whatever you decide. There are tons of legitimate opportunities out there, but there are even more scams and jobs where you spend more time and money than you make.

What kind of skills do you have? What interests you?

Best of luck in your search!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfa0703 View Post
I have always had a part time or full time job. I am pregnant with my 2nd child, due the beginning of June. I would love to stay at home after having this baby and be able to earn an income from home. If anyone has any tips on how to get started, where to look, how to pick out a legit company vs. A scam, etc. I would greatly appreciate any insight!

Does anyone know anything about a company called 'web fortune master'? They for money start up a membership. Would that be a scam to watch out for?
From what I've read "Web Fortune Master" is a scam. When in doubt, google "Name of Company" + "scam" or "review".

Good Luck!

Julie
Old 01-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfa0703 View Post

Thank you everyone for the tips. They are very helpful! What is the best way to research a company?

Skills I have are some experience in medical transcription training, medical experience in elderly care, medication knowledge, surgical knowledge, familiar with medical products, and direct sales experience. I know there is a lot on about transcription, and I am interested in that I'm just not sure where get started.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered WAHM

Have you considered a home based party plan business? As you know there are many out there. If you find a product you love, working your business will not be a job. And there is money to be made in both sales and recruiting. I love card making and paper crafts and have been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 10 years. Send me a message if you would like to know more about Stampin' Up!
Cathy Fluellen
Have a very Happy and Successful New Year.

Last edited by breezes; 01-03-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: correction
Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Do you had a certain amount of money that you want to make?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring03 View Post
From what I've read "Web Fortune Master" is a scam. When in doubt, google "Name of Company" + "scam" or "review".

Good Luck!

Julie

But when you do this research, remember that a lot of people use the term scam very loosely
. Often as an excuse for their own failure to perform in some way.

Also, loosing money doesn't make a scam. People loose money online for a raft of reasons - ie short term view, no business plan, wrong product, program or opportunity etc etc.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 AM
TheWorkAtHomeWife.com

If you have transcription and medical experience, head up to the transcription folder:

Transcription Services & Scopists - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

They have a big list of companies that hire for this type of work:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/transcript...cal-legal.html

You can also start watching for daily job leads in the telecommute folder or on workplacelikehome.com.

Telecommuting Moms - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

Best of luck!