Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Here's something to consider. You mention you want to work from home which may mean to do that your goal is to replace your current pt or ft income. That being said you can do it basically in two ways. One way is to find a product and sell it online. The reason I say sell is because you won't get paid unless something is sold. Another way is to sign up with a company and build a team and earn from the personal and the production of your team. The major consideration Is there are no guarantees of income. If you don't produce you don't get paid and when building a team most people are going to quit and many people are not going to buy your products or services. That being said if you recruit enough people all it takes is a few to do something big. So when making you decision look at the commission payout and the benefit of building a team. Forget all the hype and concentrate on the business side. Sorry for the long paragraph but I'm using my Kendal.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 09:12 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been through what you are going through and you are being smart about it. There are a lot of bad ones out there! The biggest thing is research, research and research some more. The internet doesn't really allow for scam artists to get away with it for very long before word starts to get out. There are too many people willing to tell all, whether it be good or bad. Make sure you see first hand that you are going to have good support & training (I can make some suggestions of how I did that-if you want). Of course, I think finding a company that offers a trial is great. To me that says a lot about the confidence they have in their business. I love what I'm doing now and we have a great team, but it will not push that on you. Like I said, I have done a LOT of research & I know it can be overwhelming, so just shoot me an email if you want some help. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 PM
WAHM Regular

Welcome! I finally had to give in to working at home. With three kids (two toddlers), it just didn't make sense to keep working outside the home. This site is a great source of support and knowledge, but sometimes you just need some one on one with a real person. So let me know if you need anything!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I made the leap away completely from jobs working for others to being self-employed when I was pregnant 2.5 years ago. It's scary to make the leap, but you have to close doors in order for others to open. There really are some great opportunities out there, but what I have found is that you have to look at any potentially successful opportunity as a business that requires some investment of money, time, energy, and commitment. You must be 100% willing to learn and choose to not give up immediately when something appears to be a failure. Good for you for exploring opportunities that will bring more freedom for you and your family!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:26 PM
WAHM Regular

Whatever you decide to do, just make sure it is something you love and will be passionate about! If it isn't something you would use yourself or buy yourself, then you probably won't be able to sell it either. These jobs can be really fun and profitable. I never would have given MLM a chance, but joined my company not even realizing it WAS an mlm, I know I didn't do my research, but it has turned out to be great! Just make sure your product is one that you will love to share with people!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Registered WAHM

Default working from home

I am in need of online sellers, if you are interested. You have your own web link to post. It is for a new company selling Cajun foods and spices. Only 10 reps per state at this time. I am a State rep.
There are also other positions available like vendor shows and selling to small stores.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:01 PM
WAHM Motivator
WAHM Professional

I've worked at home for 20 years, and am happy that you are considering such a move. When you are thinking about "how much you need to make" think about how much you would be paying for child care if you go back to work. If this is your first child, you might be surprised at how much it "costs" not only monetarily, but in other ways. There is usually more gas involved for getting to/from child care. There is the cost of the extra time to get to/from child care. There is the cost of worrying about your child being cared for by someone else (even if you are lucky enough to have family do it for you.

So, as you consider a "replacement" for a job, start thinking about what you truly need in order to be able to make it work!

Good luck!

Danita
Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Super WAHM

Hope you find something that suits you to a T. I'm not sure you would be able to accomplish replacing your income with a network marketing company in the time frame you're talking about, but it's possible if you're really focused and have a product you believe in. You will be more successful in a shorter amount of time if you have some funds for advertising.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:34 AM
Registered WAHM

Default How to choose a company?

Many people who have enrolled in businesses and didn't make money, they just go in forums or elsewhere to post "Scam" reports, so you can't even trust those said 'reviews" or "Scam" complaints... I mean not all of them!!

Since I'm in the Network Marketing and Internet Marketing industry I have come across many of those reviews and what I have seen is that many of those people didn't follow the trainings or didn't even worked enough on their business... they just treated their business as a hobby... For sure there are companies out there who are really scammers... I've been a victim too when I just started online

If you decide to join a company; first do a deep research on this company, see for how long they have been in business and look for testimonials... try to interact with those people... in a community for example and see what members are saying about the company, the products and what they think of the trainings they are getting in the company.... are those trainings really helping them and see how those trainings can help YOU!

Also, have a look at the compensation plan and you will see how you can work the plan to reach your financial goals asap

Hope that helps
Old 02-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

How's the search going?

I have done a ton of different things online, with the exception of medical transcribing, as I had some friends that took the course and learned how to do it but then they couldn't find any Drs to work for, so I never pursued that!

Here is generally what you will come across... MANY, many online courses will pop up when you search for 'work at home' stuff and they charge a fee to TEACH you how to do what they do, which is market online courses such as the one you just clicked on. OR they will teach you how to do affiliate marketing with websites, blogs etc.... this is totally something that works, but the learning curve is steep and it takes quite awhile for you to see much if any profit. ( most people give up long before they get to the profit mark!)

Then there are the network marketing companies.. and you will find many good ones on this forum. They ALSO charge a fee to get started, and usually it is for a product package, which gives you the right to then be a Distributor and make commissions on what you sell or bonuses for enrolling people underneath you as Distributors - ( many companies are calling it word of mouth advertising and even some of the BIG companies like DirectTV are using this method of advertising because it works so good - they just pay US a commission instead of their normal salespeople)

After having done both methods of 'work at home' stuff - here is my conclusion.

Both work.

Network marketing companies usually take more of an upfront investment but you can be in profit MUCH more quickly, especially if you are a go-getter!

Affiliate marketing, or internet marketing usually costs less to get into, but your return will be a long time coming, IF it ever comes. I finally made money with it after spending $300 on a website and marketing program to help me learn it, but NOW I wish I had spent that on a network marketing company as who knows where I would be now!

Cheers on your search!