Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:48 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Recruited or Sponsored???

I have found that many people in MLM are only looking to recruit new people. There is a saying “It is easier to make new babies than to raise the dead”. Do you prefer being recruited or sponsored?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 05:33 AM
WAHM Master

I prefer the word "sponsored" if that's what you mean. No on recruited me, I chose to sign up on someone's site when she introduced me to her business by info and samples.
But as far as me, growing my team, I consider it helping others get started. I share my company with them, what it can do for them, and how we work. Then if they choose to sign up on my team, I help them get going, introduce them to the team, to finding the tools they need from the company, etc. but they are grown ups so they are peers in my eyes and capable of doing a lot on their own with no hand holding.
But I'm sure I'm going off topic.... :-)
Old 12-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Super WAHM

I think that's a sad way to look at it... finding new babies instead of raising the "dead".
If people have 'failed' before - ask them why! Was it lack of effort on their part? Was it expecting their upline to hand them everything?
Or did they have an upline that was approachable? Did they attend online trainings?
If so, are they still looking with an employee mentality, or have they reached the point they've realized THEY are responsible for their actions and success?
Maybe they're hungry for success, ready to work and learn, but have had a poor support system before?
'Cuz if you don't want them, I do.
JP
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Super WAHM

"Recruiting" or "sponsoring" seems to me to be a matter of semantics with many interpretations. I'm sure everyone in MLM or network marketing would love to see every single person in their downline be successful. After all, that is the dream all of us have bought into. However, if you don't have a system in place that works in spite of you or in spite of them, that actually enables duplication without your intervention, we are all in for frustration. Until just recently, that was where I was at - total frustration. No more. I'm now a very happy network marketer!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM
WAHM Addict

The military recruits large numbers. Colleges recruit in large numbers. Companies recruits on college campuses in large numbers. So why hide it when it come to building a business within MLM? The people who recruit the most usually make the most. Why not be upfront about it because at some point if a person gets serious about their business they will find out to get paid something has to be sold and recruiting is all about distribution.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
The military recruits large numbers. Colleges recruit in large numbers. Companies recruits on college campuses in large numbers. So why hide it when it come to building a business within MLM? The people who recruit the most usually make the most. Why not be upfront about it because at some point if a person gets serious about their business they will find out to get paid something has to be sold and recruiting is all about distribution.
amen. well said.

And as far as finding new babies or raising the dead... I love raising the dead. Maybe because I was one of them - just never thought of myself as that way tho. haha
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 AM
WAHM Regular

In our business we use the term sponsored. I made the decision to join my friends team after much thought, consideration and research. I don't regret it and expect great things from this business.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Too darn true! Even if you ignore the deception and the semantics of it, it is still recruiting. I don't dodge around on it I let people know I have a SaaS/sms Recruiting and Sales platform.

If they get over their silly perception of recruiting (most do when they understand what's on offer ) 1 in every 2 prospects partner up with me and (most-if they d the work) get wealthy.

Business owners, both online and offline, know that ALL businesses (including MLM and Affiliate marketing) are predicated on Recruiting and Selling - with good followup and Customer Service of course.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Super WAHM

I am not a fan of either term. People want to buy...they don't want to be sold. I provide information and answer questions. If they decide to join to start their own business, great. I am here to help them every step of the way. I don't sponsor or pay for anyone. I don't recruit anyone. I let people do their thing.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 PM
WAHM Regular

We share. All we ask is that they sample the products and learn about them. We just care that you are informed and understand the system. That's it, then the big decision is theirs! Our products are life changing for many people and is a lifestyle not a diet

Last edited by Super Momma Of 5; 12-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Tags
mlm, recruited, sponsored