Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Anyone doing $2,000+/monthly in profit?

Sorry for the blunt question, and I understand people may not want to share their financial business in here/with some stranger.

I'm a freelance writer, but there are a few network marketing companies I'm interested in. I'd keep writing, but build up the network marketing business as a second income. I'm dragging my feet because I'm the only one with an income in my home, and...well, I'm sure you all know the usual reservations.

I realize that someone CAN earn plenty of money if they work their business, someone earns those cars, etc. etc. etc. but it would help so much if I knew that "real" women are doing it right now.

Again, I apologize if the question is nosy/off-color. I'd have trouble asking this question in person, but it's something I always want to ask!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I can understand your reasons for asking. But I'll ask a question in return.

You're a writer. You have a gift that not everyone has.

Why not use that talent to create your own residual income of $2K+ per month (by creating your own digital products/e-books/reports, etc.) instead of investing time and money in a different business?

I'm not saying you shouldn't choose the path you're inquiring about, mind you. Just asking you to consider an alternative.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Please review posting rules.

Income Claims
All ads, posts, links, and signature files containing income claims of any type will be deleted.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
WAHM Addict

Find a company. Look at the product and see if there is a market for the product. Then just look at the commission payout and calculate what you need to sell to make the $2000.

Now if you also have to recruit to make that amount or whatever you want to make then you also have to factor that in not to also mention the constant recruiting to replace those who leave.

That being said if sales doesn't bother you something to consider is some of the companies that offer financial products. IMO the bottom line is this. If you have a specific consistent amount of money (Extra Income) you want to make you will have to have the mindset of if it's to be it's up to you as an individual.

Don't dwell so much on what anyone else is doing because for one it's not like anyone is going to give you any of the money they make and it's not realistic to compare person to person especially in Network marketing because many people don't make a real commitment to the business due to having a full-time income from their job.

Good luck and take the plunge.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Grand WAHM

Try finding some niches you are interested in and see if you can monetize them. There are so many people on this forum making money in many different ways.

In fact, many of us have multiple "eggs" bringing in money.

With writing, you can also consider writing content for your own sites and blogs and monetizing them with various things such as Google AdSense.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avonlady916 View Post
Please review posting rules.

Income Claims
All ads, posts, links, and signature files containing income claims of any type will be deleted.

Ahhhhh. thanks for pointing this out to me.

Cornelius and danasurvey, thank you so much for responding though, your posts are much appreciated.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

It really depends on you. Yes I am earning what you questioned online now after years doing/selling/ begging friends and family traditional networking marketing. Usually all the products are excellent but are expensive and hard to recruit for. Usually the compensation plans are very small affiliate commissions. I wanted to learn how to sell products from my traditional network marketing company online hence I started to learn Internet Marketing. It has taken some work and its more about having the mindset together that also makes it work. These last few months I have been about triple your question which after years of trying is finally working.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Here's to making the right decision that works best for you!

Last edited by rehouseavet; 11-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Super WAHM

I am a freelance writer myself who has recently dabbled in network marketing. It has been a great experience so far! I started in June and I am not making what you have asked about yet, but I have a goal to make this by the end of the year. I believe you should always have a source of back up income, especially in a field such as ours We both know sometimes things can get slow. My struggle on a daily basis is whether to write, or spend more time on my business. I am still trying to find that right balance. With network marketing, the income doesn't come over night. But if you keep at it, you can definitely make great money from it! I think you are in the perfect position to be able to be able to balance both (you have flexibility in your schedule, a source of income, etc.)

GO FOR IT!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Super WAHM

Pick any company - and there's people making money. Sometimes really, really good money.
But their success has no impact on YOUR success!
Similarly, others 'failures' don't impact your success.
Find a company that you're comfortable with, and jump in!
Word of advice: if you get in and want to give it 30 days, don't bother. Make it at least a one year committment, treat it seriously, and become a student of the Profession!