Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Excellent marketing ideas?

What are some excellent marketing ideas? Has anyone delivered flyers in their neighborhood?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Grand WAHM

I've used flyers before with pull off tabs at the bottom and posted them on public bulletin boards. I have had some success with this, but online marketing efforts such as SEO and Social Media brought in more traffic.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the reply. What is SEO?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Grand WAHM

SEO is Search Engine Optimization. SEO is used to hopefully rank better with search engines, so more people can find your sites and blogs when they do searches.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 PM
WAHM Regular

I haven't done the flyers to the neighborhood but I have left business cards everywhere I went.
I also had a removable window cling with my business info on my car.
I also make youtube videos to advertise.

Sappho
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels01 View Post
What are some excellent marketing ideas? Has anyone delivered flyers in their neighborhood?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

1. Join local business networking groups. They are an amazing resource for local business. Not only can you make personal connections, but you can find people to do joint ventures/joint advertising/joint promotions with.

2. Offer a newsletter for your business - and then promote it on your business cards, flyers, in person, etc.

3. Write and publish a book! Tell all about your business, what makes you tick, why you chose to do what you do, etc.

4. Whatever else you can think of to get your name out there. (If you have a particular industry, I can get more specific.)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Super WAHM

My biggest traffic generation comes from facebook and craigslist. I also post videos on Youtube and forums. But really, facebook has been my bread and butter. ;-)
Old 08-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Super WAHM

Build a page on FaceBook and ask your friends to "like it". As they like your page their friends see it and so on. It becomes viral over time.

I also like leaving drop cards everywhere I go (i.e. with my tip at a restaurant, when I go to the bank, in magazines at the store...) I know this is old school but it still works well for me.

Last but not least, I post to Craigslist. But I don't abuse it. I post 3 times a week, to an area I actually live in and I get traffic without being flagged or ghosted.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Super WAHM

Create a free special report on a topic your target audience wants to know more about, offer it on a "squeeze page" or opt-in page in exchange for people's email addresses, and advertise this freebie everywhere.

And then follow up with an email follow-up sequence in your autoresponder, where you provide more useful info and resources (including affiliate products or MLM opportunities)
Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 AM
WAHM Regular

I also found it useful to build viral images that can be "shared" and distribute them through Facebook.