Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Talking MLM recommendations? :)

I am looking for some advice about MLM's!

I have never been a fan of the idea of MLM's, but it's become pretty clear that there are many people out there making GREAT livings using that platform, so I feel like it's time to open my mind to this.

I wonder if you all can recommend some of your MLM companies that might be a good fit for me?

* I don't have much $$ to invest in a startup (we can swing probably about $100 MAX)
* I would prefer mostly internet based sales potential vs. home 'parties' (online parties are OK - I just have a small home! WE don't even do b-day parties here!)

I think I would be open to just about anything that would allow me to ENJOY MY LIFE more than I am now, being tied to a desk 10+ hours a day (with no benefits AT ALL....).

I want to have fun, spend time with my husband and kids, have more time for ME, and make good money at the same time!!

Is that unrealistic? :P

Thanks in advance for any suggestions gang! I will seriously condider anything you guys have to offer!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM
WAHM Addict

Hi Shannon:

I sent you a pm about Mia Bella Candles. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Best of luck in your search.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Shannon:

I sent you a pm about Initials, Inc. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. Best of luck in your search.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:00 PM
WAHM Addict

I'm sending you a pm about our 3 yr old company that's just forming the initial team to launch the United States. MLM is a wonderful industry, what you really want to do your homework on is making sure you find the right company that is willing to tell you the truth and give you proper training. And most important is that you yourself find tremendous value in the product or service you will be representing.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
WAHM Regular

As always, you ladies are all amazing! Thank you so much for all the PM's you have sent! I'm going to take some time to read though everything, and I will touch base with any of you I have additional questions I may have!

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

(And please! Feel free to keep sending info! LOL)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

Find something that really interests you, ask questions, and research thoroughly. Tap into the training and stay connected with your upline and others in your support group.

Best wishes in your search Shannon

Alison
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

Shannon:

I think we all were looking for the same thing when we started our mlm journey and with hard work and commitment your goals are most definitely realistic.

You are definitely on the right track. I do not think you should have to spend a whole boatload of money to start what will be a lucrative business. And if you are going to rely mainly on internet parties then I would choose a business with a low monthly requirement to get paid on your team and/or a low monthly autoship.

I used to be with a traditional party plan company (jewelry) and really enjoyed doing home parties. It really made me step out there and meet lots of new people. However, at some point it seemed as though I had less time to spend with my family due to all the parties. And one month I got very sick -flu that turned into pneumonia- and had to cancel my parties. Guess what? You get sick, you don't get paid -- even on your downline. I had to sell at least $700 per month to get my team commission. After that, I realized that was NOT the model for me.

There are a lot of great mlm's on this forum that would fit the bill for you. Decide what industry you are most interested in and try out some products to see what you like or dislike. Ultimately I think truly believing in your product or service and then the willingness to share that belief with others is what will put you on the road to success.

Leola
Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM
WAHM Regular

I'd suggest looking into network marketing rather than party plan companies. I do It Works and do it about 99% online. Network marketing also typically pays more since the company is not providing hostess rewards. Once you get yourself set up on the internet, you get random referrals all the time. It takes some time but I get a viable lead just about every day from the internet.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:40 PM
WAHM Addict

It can be challenging selecting a network marketing company. You want to love the product or service they promote. You want to have good "chemistry" with your sponsor.

You want to be able to thoroughly understand their compensation plan and costs. What do you get for whatever fees they require? Don't spend more than you are certain you can afford for a few months, because it may take time to be earning enough to cover the fee.

Look at the signatures of other WAHM members. Most have links to their sites. Do LOTS of research on any company you find interesting... not ONLY on their own websites, but on 3rd party sites as well to see what those outside the company say about them.

You can also look in the various company folders here on WAHM to see how and what they post.

I wish you great success with whatever company you choose.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
WAHM Addict

Here's a hint. Salespeople make the most money. First figure out how much money you want to make/earn and then pick the vehicle. That being said in general MLM being what it is you will have to recruit a bunch of people.

Here's something that was told to me years ago. When looking at a company to market with. Ask yourself if you had to could you make a decent living by just selling the products if you had to? No downline??

If you can do that then you can write your own ticket without depending on anyone else because people quit. People may not produce. People may not join with you. Etc.. That way when you say you want__________ at the end of the day if it's to be it's up to you...You just have to know it's possible,,