Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Cornelius through my years I this business, my advice is ignore those who question start up costs and autoships. Typically they are not going to be your business builders or serious in general. Concentrate on the willing and you will not only sleep better at night but your business will grow exponentially.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

Somehow I posted twice.

Last edited by jandamom; 07-06-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

IMHO, if someone truly wants to find a way to join a biz, they will find the money for the starting fee.

Garage sales, selling on eBay, consignment selling, saving $xx per payday, donating plasma (don't laugh - when I did it 15 years ago, they paid $40 a visit) - the possibilities are numerous for people who catch the vision.

Perhaps you could have a list of suggestions to offer when that objection comes up?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

For many years I spent my time and energy promoting an opportunity as "free to join" I thought people would benefit from the opportunity of starting their business with no startup costs and that they would naturally, "buy from their own store" and start using that company's products (which were, still are, amazing) and share them with others.

My experience was that people just don't place any value on free signup when it comes to business.

It didn't cost them anything to join so they didn't even bother to place an initial order to test the products! While I was trying to build a business out of zero... (1,000,000 x 0= is still ZERO) people around me were signing up people and building successful businesses with startups of $100-$500 sometimes even more!

So, forget the startup costs, I realized it is not really that important, what it's important is that your product/service is of great value and people would gladly pay for the results of using it. If you have to convince them to buy a startup kit, you will have to convince them to order every month, you will have to convince them to get training, ugh, before you know they will drain your energy.

If they "see it" they will go for it!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

I agree "free" or low cost or people signing up for $59 or $99 because they can get a great value from the kit often times they don't end up doing anything. On the flip side, there are people who spend hundreds and thousands and will quit too but I think in general people place more value on something if they have to spend money on it. And with a sales job which direct sales and network marketing is- people aren't going to do much if there aren't minimums placed on them to do something each month or quarterly. It's so easy to become complacent in this business. I've found the "wholesale" option ends up attracting lots of people who are just that- shoppers which you'll need a lot of them to build a substantial income. If everything is so easy and free for everything- you can create that mentality of "it's no big deal if I don't work the business as there's nothing to lose" because there's very little accountability. There are always exceptions in this business but that's my observation.

Great topic.

Janette
Old 07-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv93446 View Post
I agree "free" or low cost or people signing up for $59 or $99 because they can get a great value from the kit often times they don't end up doing anything. On the flip side, there are people who spend hundreds and thousands and will quit too but I think in general people place more value on something if they have to spend money on it. And with a sales job which direct sales and network marketing is- people aren't going to do much if there aren't minimums placed on them to do something each month or quarterly. It's so easy to become complacent in this business. I've found the "wholesale" option ends up attracting lots of people who are just that- shoppers which you'll need a lot of them to build a substantial income. If everything is so easy and free for everything- you can create that mentality of "it's no big deal if I don't work the business as there's nothing to lose" because there's very little accountability. There are always exceptions in this business but that's my observation.

Great topic.

Janette
Yup, I agree!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Sometimes in a persons life $20 could sound like $20 million, because they do not have it. Sign up fees are relative I believe.
If a person is not convinced about the opportunity, money and husbands are usually a good excuse to delay a flat out no answer.
I have found, if you have to try to hard to convince a prospect, they usually are not going to be a producer on your team. They tend to drain your energy instead.
We all know when we WANT to do something, no one or anything can usually stop us!

Last edited by Miastyle; 07-07-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Super WAHM

I signed up people to $1500 deal and they hustle 24/7 while when I sign up people to the same business but at the basic low cost membership, they do nothing but ask for spillovers
Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
Thanks Corrisa but to me it's not so much about the fee. Sometimes people will question a fee and have every option available on their cell phone or have the latest cell phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

I think it is because they see something for the money they've spent.

That being said if people ask for testimonials I will show them some but IMO when considering an opportunity people should consider the product, the market for the product, and their potential for income.
The thing with testimonials to me is just because someone else makes a certain amount of money doesn't mean someone else may or may not. Not to also mention it doesn't really matter what someone else makes because it's not like they are going to give anyone any of it.. A person just has to make sure the opportunity they are looking at can potentially work for them and then figure out what they expect to make.. More ah-ha and less rah, rah..

Good points and I agree!

Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
I signed up people to $1500 deal and they hustle 24/7 while when I sign up people to the same business but at the basic low cost membership, they do nothing but ask for spillovers
Fascinating! Do you sign up a lot of people quickly or does it take a lot longer to find them? Where do you find people today willing to invest $1500? Especially online!