Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Meet-Up Groups

I have found Meet-up Groups a great way to network. There are so many business-type meet-ups now, from small to large, for women's groups or everyone, if you haven't checked them out in awhile, check again. It's even worthwhile to attend the non-business groups, for instance Green Drinks, an environmental group. They are a great group of people, they usually have an interesting speaker, and they are free, some charge just $1 to help pay for costs. I have found that if you attend with the intention to make friends, and not be pushing your business, you are received so well. Every city is different, but even if they are a little bit of a drive, I think it may be well worth it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Super WAHM

I love meet up groups... i just went to my first this week!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Meet Up Groups

There are so many different meet up groups here in the Houston area, it's just finding the time to connect and locate the ones that could be interesting or beneficial. I know that the right groups "for me" are out there.

Since our area is so big, I've found that many of the meet up groups only have 5 or 6 people and it's a time investment vs value issue that needs to be weighed.

Catherine
Jordan Essentials
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM
WAHM Addict

I wish I had a choice of Meet-Up groups, but in my area there is only one. They are crafters who sell their wares and craft shows. Since I do not have crafts to sell, It isn't a good fit for me.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 AM
WAHM Regular

You can always start your own group, and put a focus on something that you love, or on DS

Not to hijack the thread, but depending on where you're located in your state you might check for local chapters of American Business Women's association. The members there have been very supportive of my business, and since they're a National Organization they have systems in place for communicating with members across the country.

Catherine
Jordan Essentials
Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM
WAHM Addict

Cathy, I live in a small city where most people are in the military or military dependants. The military wives mostly stick together. A couple friends & I actually had a business-women's group (not "meet up") a few years ago, but it just fizzled out since we couldn't get new members. It has been a while, so it might be something we should reconsider again.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Meet Up Groups

I've got several of my TEAM that are on Military Bases, and it's a close knit group without a lot of outside networking opportunities . . . so they've are setting up groups of their own to network with others.

Catherine
Jordan Essentials