Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Cool Would Network Marketing Work For an Advisory Business?

Hey all; I'm new here and I read the rules pretty thoroughly, and I hope I'm in the clear to ask this question. (No ads, claims, or money-making links, etc.)

I work in the marketing department at a company that provides guidance and referrals for families needing elderly care. (Could be in-home care or helping them find the right assisted-living or retirement community.) Our core service set is pretty simple:
--We help families find the best facility or agency in their area
--We provide general counseling and guidance on aging issues
--We help them develop a care plan and a financial plan
--We help them find products that keep an aging parent/grandparent safe and comfortable at home
--We help connect them to other service providers (lawyers, accountants, etc.)

Currently, all our care advisors are paid hourly, with some incentive pay. In one of our brainstorms, we recently discussed the idea of utilizing the network-marketing business model.

To be honest, none of us has much experience with network marketing. But we like the model a lot, and think it could have some potential for our business. Since you all have great experience, and WAHMs have made good advisors, I thought this would be the perfect place to get some feedback!

If we rolled out network marketing in our model, this is my guess at what it would look like:
--We would recruit advisors in a few target geographies
--We would train them under-the-wings of our existing advisors
--We'd create a pretty healthy compensation model (a high flat-fee for successful placements and a solid % of any products sold)
--We'd also provide them access to all the tools that our current advisors use
--We'd build in incentives for them to recruit downline advisors

My understanding is that most network marketing companies sell physical products and don't require that much training (I'm thinking Scentsy, Tupperware, Avon, etc.) But I know there are some that provide services (or virtual products) and require a bit more training, such as Primerica. It seems like it's successful, but I'm not sure how many other examples there are.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback from all of you. Would network marketing be an interesting model for our business? Would WAHMs be potentially interested in getting involved in this way? What would make it interesting to you? What would be your concerns?

Thans so much in advance for any insights!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Super WAHM

My gut feeling is that network marketing would not be a good model for your business. First of all, if you and your leadership team don't have experience in network marketing, you would need to get someone on board who does and that would probably be very expensive. Secondly, the amount of training required would be a negative. Network marketing companies have unique challenges that you wouldn't even begin to understand if you don't have experience - both positive and negative.

Sorry to discourage you, but it sounds like you have a great model already and could expand that by targeting geographical areas into which you want to expand and then marketing your services through traditional advertising.

Does anyone have another opinion?

Sharon in Texas

Tags
advisors, care, network marketing