Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:31 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Visalus Terminates 80 Top Reps.

It is no secret by now that ViSalus has terminated 80 top distributors.

Roy Higdon here did a video on it.

Justified MLM Owners or Unfair Termination?

In the comment section I agree with George Ruiz when he says:
"I feel bad because several of them are stuck with a car lease that now has to come from their pocket"

So true. This is why I get very annoyed when MLM companies pitch a "so-called" FREE car program and MLMers who have been in this industry a long time promote it as that and they know better!

The only truly free car program that I know of where they give you the car and the keys to drive away 100% EARNED and NO payments or leases is through Youngevity.There could be others but I don't know of them.

BeautiControl "used to" have their free Mustang program but got rid of it and RELIV International gave a 24K car FREE AND CLEAR to a family in Reliv. Actually they opted to give the family CASH instead as they really needed the money.

Love it! No one gets HURT!

I'm a strange one. "So called" FREE car programs have never excited me or motivated me in the least. No worries about losing your car payment bonus (for whatever reason) that you could not afford in the first place hence having the Repo Man come take your car leaving you without wheels and destroying your credit rating!

Just keeping it real.

Justified MLM Owners or Unfair Termination?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Super WAHM

Offering a Car Bonus is nice.
Having thousands running around claiming you can get a BWM for FREE is sillly and misrepresents the facts.
Interestingly, I'd seen Ray's video on this, but it's amazing how little information is available out there to find out more...
hmmm
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Theresa Wilkins

I don't follow what goes on with Visalus but as far as car programs go - I'm with you Deborah, could care less. That is not why I'm doing MLM. And I get that for some cars and houses and so forth are symbols of success and/or wealth. I'm actually not interested in wealth either. I am interested in time. We are only given so much time on this earth and I think if each of us could look at our clocks ticking until we leave this world they would live differently....anyway...

Yeah, my main MLM (or my secondary for that matter) do not have a car program. They have many reps in big cities where they started out and many don't own cars or have a place to put them so when a consultant reaches a certain level they get an extra $1000 to $1500 a month - that way they can choose any car they want for one - if they want a car and if not, shoot, it will come in handy for something! :-)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm in Visalus, but I've not heard about Visalus terminating people. The link in the OP and the video specified that there was a violation of the terms of service. He isn't directly related to the situation, and as such, is speculating from the outside looking in, as we are. My direct upline is a huge internet marketer and is in multiple MLMs, and hasn't been terminated. Interesting to hear this...

As for the free BMW. I think it becomes the due diligence of the distributor to understand what they are dealing with. If you buy a BMW (in your name), you have to know that you're going to be responsible for that car payment whether or not you experience a loss of income. Visalus also offers a $300 car allowance in lieu of the $600 BMW payment. That was my choice. At any time, you can go to a BMW if you'd like, but for now my car is fine (and I like it better than the SUVs that BMW offers), so I'll take free money to pay for the car payment I have with or without the BMW bonus. I don't think Visalus can take responsibility for this. It's totally unfortunate for the 80 or so people who were let go. Unfortunately, for network marketing, we have to understand though that our income is not static.

Either way, I'm really sad to read this.....
Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrpatrick View Post

Offering a Car Bonus is nice.

Having thousands running around claiming you can get a BMW for FREE is silly and misrepresents the facts.
So true.

But that is exactly what many are saying unfortunately.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

I'm not in Visalus but know some people who have had great success with it. Car program or not if you work hard and follow a system you will succeed. Make sure you understand what you are getting into when you evaluate a company. Do your due diligence.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vemmamom View Post

Car program or not if you work hard and follow a system you will succeed.

The "point" is...it's not FREE so they should not promote it as FREE.

Build with honesty and integrity.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeElectricity View Post
I don't follow what goes on with Visalus but as far as car programs go - I'm with you Deborah, could care less. That is not why I'm doing MLM. And I get that for some cars and houses and so forth are symbols of success and/or wealth. I'm actually not interested in wealth either. I am interested in time. We are only given so much time on this earth and I think if each of us could look at our clocks ticking until we leave this world they would live differently....anyway...

Yeah, my main MLM (or my secondary for that matter) do not have a car program. They have many reps in big cities where they started out and many don't own cars or have a place to put them so when a consultant reaches a certain level they get an extra $1000 to $1500 a month - that way they can choose any car they want for one - if they want a car and if not, shoot, it will come in handy for something! :-)

Well said.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Free Cars

Don't get me started on free cars, especially the "pink" cars. It is a shame that a lot of women join that company because they have been told that they earn a free car. In reality, only a very small percentage of their sales force will ever earn that car. The other thing is, if you and your downline do not maintain an outrageous amount of sales each quarter, then either you pay for the lease, or they repo the car. They don't tell this part in their recruiting spill. I guess it doesn't sound so glamorous. I have seen so many ladies "buy" their cars each month by ordering so much product to stay afloat. Insane! I have never been a fan of "Free" cars. I would much rather have the money.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:27 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling1 View Post
Don't get me started on free cars,

I have never been a fan of "Free" cars. I would much rather have the money.
Me too!

Give me the cash OR even a nice trip or a cruise! At least an exotic vacation is "paid for"