Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:53 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Why WAHM's don't...?

Of all the places I frequent, this WAHM forum is tops in this category...

WAHM's visit my website and go to the trouble to submit their info on the contact form and then do not answer their phone, return my call or reply to email.

I know some of you have hahaha! It's not hard to figure where people come from.

Just curious? Waiting for a long autoresponder series? Sorry, we don't use them. You might get two phone calls from me at most and two emails. That's it and I'm off to focus on helping somebody else.

The only thing I can figure is that people are so conditioned by years of hype and tech tools, they freak out when a real person tries to interact and/or are afraid that's what they will have to do if they become a team member of mine.

Well, ya hahaha! You do need to talk to people if you expect to build your business!

So for the sake of discussion, why do you think people do that, like I wrote, submit a contact form and not respond to contact?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 06:07 AM
Awesome WAHM

I can think of a couple different reasons:

1. People don't like talking on the phone
2. Emails get lost
3. They were expecting a generic response with more information
4. They really weren't that interested in the first place
5. They have a fear of commitment and/or they worry about being pressured

But yes, I do think we are conditioned to be able to find what we want online without having to interact with a real person that people balk when confronted with a personal interaction.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Banned

I totally agree with you on that!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Banned

Commitment issues!

Maybe they figure that no one will ever contact them?

Just sitting on the computer bored?

Who knows but I know thatiwork hard every day while caring for my highly active 19 mo old and I get stressed thinking that I didn't get back to them in time, but then i realize that even then they could tell me that they went with someone else or not interested!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Super WAHM

A sudden case of cold feet...
Afraid they are going to get a hard sales call...
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Awesome WAHM

Great input! I'm anything and everything but a hard salesman hahaha! I just ask if they have any questions to help them along, try to learn if they can realistically afford to keep it up until we can help them to profit and very likely talk them out of it if they can't! Three of them so far, probably friends forever. I'm pretty easy ladies hahaha.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:06 AM
WAHM Regular

This is such a great question, Charlie!

I think people are bored or curious, but probably not that serious.

Personally, I'm not a fan of filling out lead capture pages. If I'm genuinely interested in a product, service, or opportunity I like to call the person directly. I don't want them calling me when maybe I'm on my way out the door or something.

I have filled out lead capture pages when it's the only way I can figure out how to get more information (but I only recall doing this once, it was for a sauna blanket...don't ask). I much, much, much prefer to call the person on my own terms.

For my business I have some websites with my phone number, and others with just the lead capture page, since I realize not everyone thinks the way I do. Also, some people need a few exposures before they're ready to get serious about talking. We're all different...that's what keeps life interesting!

Party On!
Laurie
Old 08-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Awesome WAHM

Very good Laurie.

I have my phone number on the about us page and other various contact methods listed on other pages such as email and facebook profile link. Think that is very important to have. I really don't like LCP's as such... Our team websites are much more than that for that very reason, with a simple contact form.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM
WAHM Regular

That's good to hear, Charlie. It's funny, my company provides a lot of different websites and landing pages, but none of them show our phone number in our profile and you just get a LCP when you click on "contact us." They have their reasons, but I want people calling me when they're ready rather having to chase after them later.

Since I really wanted people to be able to call me directly right when they're interested, I just changed my last name to my phone number on my website instead. Until I figure out how to build my own site, that's what I'll have to stick with.

I'm glad to know that you like having your number out there, too, and that your company supports the concept. It makes me feel better about changing my last name.

To your success!
Laurie
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

Have you looked at weebly.com website builder? It's really simple and free. All our sites are weebly and I think as far as free goes, these look very good. I have built nearly all of my team member's sites with five pages. Takes about 20 minutes copy/pasting from my site. One can invite someone to manage as admin/editor so I keep everyone's site in my manager file and can edit all of them without leaving my office. Pretty slick!