Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Amy Jacobs's Avatar
Grand WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Illinois South of Chicago
Posts: 16,853
Default

wasn't this fairly new as well though?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
crisstar's Avatar
California Girl!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 1,013
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraFerrie View Post
...when it sounds too good to be true.......

sometimes it is.
Stick with soild MLM.... this was not MLM right? was penny auctions?
I agree, it just didn't "smell right. I wouldn't say this was mlm at all...penny auctions is not a true mlm.

Zeek may have had a compensation plan that paid out on multiple levels in which there are programs out there that do this but these programs are not real network marketing companies.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Jeannie Zavala's Avatar
WAHM Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLayne

I am so thankful that I have a plan B, C, D, E and F!!
I am with you!! I love my company and would not leave it because I've worked so hard to build but I also do have multiple streams of income just in case....

I truly do feel for them and hope the reps do recover...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 08-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Amy Jacobs's Avatar
Grand WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Illinois South of Chicago
Posts: 16,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraFerrie View Post
...when it sounds too good to be true.......

sometimes it is.
Stick with soild MLM.... this was not MLM right? was penny auctions?
Yea I am with you Debra! I will stick with 1 solid company period I thought it was more just auctions..
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 01:49 AM
glitters's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 42
Default what happens to affiliates?

I read that a receiver has being assigned to give out some money to those affected
does anyone have any idea of how this works?
I live in Spain and most of my downlines are young couples that just used
up their savings,do you think they will get something back, no matter how small?
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:16 AM
TLayne's Avatar
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitters View Post
I read that a receiver has being assigned to give out some money to those affected
does anyone have any idea of how this works?
I live in Spain and most of my downlines are young couples that just used
up their savings,do you think they will get something back, no matter how small?
Chances are they will see very little (if anything at all) and it could take a year or more before it's all settled.

I'm not sure how the actual disbursement of funds will work but If you divide the funds available by the number of affiliates, it only comes out to a couple dollars each.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Registered WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Here is some information on Zeek found it interesting. I to lost some money with Zeek, I am glad it was very little and that I did not promote this site to family and friends. Reading about this has just sickened me. Paul Burks and is Co-scammers were true masters of their domain preying on others to line their own pockets....


ZeekRewards shut down by SEC as $600 Million Ponzi Scheme, What happens now and what should you do?

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/compla...pr2012-160.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
kailo's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 249
Default

Glad I was withdrawing a big chunk since February! When I was able to create hundreds of bogus customer accounts to give free bids too, big red flags went up! Never had to give free bids to real customers NOR did we ever had to use up the bids. People were just piling up thousands and thousands of bids in their own account.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
starbirdy66's Avatar
Writely Applied
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 6,750
Default

Just because their system didn't catch you, was this an ethical thing to do? Could a program like this fail due to such unethical behavior? just seems greedy and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
Glad I was withdrawing a big chunk since February! When I was able to create hundreds of bogus customer accounts to give free bids too, big red flags went up! Never had to give free bids to real customers NOR did we ever had to use up the bids. People were just piling up thousands and thousands of bids in their own account.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM
starbirdy66's Avatar
Writely Applied
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 6,750
Default

Great information on the criminal activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alt2872 View Post
Here is some information on Zeek found it interesting. I to lost some money with Zeek, I am glad it was very little and that I did not promote this site to family and friends. Reading about this has just sickened me. Paul Burks and is Co-scammers were true masters of their domain preying on others to line their own pockets....


ZeekRewards shut down by SEC as $600 Million Ponzi Scheme, What happens now and what should you do?

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/compla...pr2012-160.pdf
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off