Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Balancing more than one company

I am a firm believer of not keeping all of your eggs in one basket so to speak, especially when relying on income from working at home.

I know many people work with multiple companies. How do you manage this?

Thanks!
Dee
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

I can see the focus police now haha! Yes, you can. I know alot who do. I have also witnessed many who said not to lose everything overnight in a company comp plan change.

You simply need a system of managment. Even better if the same system works with multiple companies and/or teams. This is possible by making the system generic in appearance. Your prospect wouldn't know which company they were even going to see until they found your website link in their email after reading the generic business building system.

This is kind of backwards to most systems that only teach how to team build after joining the company. People join MLM to make money so why not lead with how to do it?

Confused? I'm happy to show you the very thing if you like. Send me a message. I'll not try to recruit you lol. I'm not even active in any conventional MLM yet.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 AM
WAHM Addict

If your a product person what's the big deal? Just let the people you bring on your team know that you market with another company because you like their product or service. With that being said make sure you read your associate agreement because it wouldn't be good to be making some good money and get terminated from your business due to working an outside business.

Just understand working another business may be in your best interest but to others they may not think it's in their best interest.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Hi Dee I used to work with a couple of different companies at the same time but with my 3 children, working a job, and taking care of my two elderly parents, I just couldn't focus on two. Now I just do the one and it makes my life a whole lot easier. I tried... couldn't do it any longer. I know some people who do two or three and do just fine. It depends on your time management and focus. Best wishes
Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 AM
Theresa Wilkins

I think it depends on the person and the businesses they are working. I don't care for product based businesses, so this makes it easier for me to do my 3 main businesses. Ambit is pretty basic - it's electricity. Business prospects watch a video and either they see it or they don't - and then my "work" is helping them get started successfully. Not too difficult. Of course the other part of the busienss is putting on new customers but again, simple. They switch, they save - very easy.

My Zeek biz runs itself. I place one ad a day. Done! I promote it a little if I have time, but if I don't, I still make money.

SFI I have some fun with - that is putting products out there...but it's not like selling one thing over and over. There is such a variety and they have auctions and really nice stuff for really cheap that you can just purchase, so I have a blast putting that all over Craigslist and I also just started a new fan page on Facebook! Fun stuff!

My "work" day is about 2 hours (you just really can't call this work!). Love it!

Theresa
Old 07-21-2012, 07:15 AM
WAHM Master

I agree with the above post by Theresa.
Though I really have 1 main business -Visalus- I also am a user of SendOutCards and love it so I am a distributor there and have many customers and friends who use the system as well.
As long as one doesn't interfere with the other , or compete, I agree it's fine depending on the person and the businesses.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Super WAHM

Since I have only been with both of my businesses for a few months now neither of them are causing problems yet. I am still recruiting and trying to book parties......lol. I think once I start getting parties on the books things with be different. I will have to learn how to juggle school, home, kids, husband and the businesses. The great thing about Tupperware though is that a lot of people are more interested in an online party than in-home parties so that is going to help leave spaces open for AllieCat jewelry parties.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Charlie, part of me expected the "focus police" too. LOL.

I do think it would be more difficult with direct sales where you are balancing product/inventory but I was referring more to businesses like Theresa mentioned.

I guess its just a matter of doing what is required and then dividing your time when going above and beyond that.

I feel like it is also taking more time because I am researching and learning more about businesses I never really thought about before.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Like a couple other people here, I think that is an individual thing. I personally only want to work one business at a time. I definitely understand that some people want to have another business to fall back on if something happened to one. For those who totally depend on their business income, it probably is a good idea to have more than one. If you have more than one business, time management is crucial.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Default more than 1

I run 2 businesses. However, 90% of my efforts are for just one business. The 2nd program is done with a very laid back approach. I would not recommend doing more than 2 as you get stretched too thin and wind up just chasing your tail.