Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Anyone doing tradeshows/expos?

Any best practices to share if you make tradeshows a regular part of your marketing activity?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_Peterson View Post
Any best practices to share if you make tradeshows a regular part of your marketing activity?
I prefer to market person to person as it keeps my business simple and easy to duplicate but if you are going to do a trade show make sure you follow your company's trade show guide and collect leads through a draw or raffle. Definitely focus on your warm market first but good luck!
Old 10-18-2011, 08:33 AM
WAHM Regular

I want to start doing this soon. Market is definately important, I would want to target health and wellness fairs, etc. I have looked into a few but some are really pricey. I am trying to find something inexpensive and wait to do the big ones until I can split the cost with someone else on my team. I think it's a great way to at least get exposure and possibly get a few leads.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:13 PM
WAHM Addict

I like doing events. It's a great way to meet and talk to a lot of people. I always enjoy meeting the other vendors as well.

I stopped doing drawings when too often people did not show interest in learning more about the products or opportunity.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vemmamom View Post
I prefer to market person to person as it keeps my business simple and easy to duplicate but if you are going to do a trade show make sure you follow your company's trade show guide and collect leads through a draw or raffle. Definitely focus on your warm market first but good luck!
Ok. Collecting leads through a draw or raffle is a great idea! I have a table at a gunshow in Richmond (the product is gold and silver btw) and we were going to do a raffle for a 1 ounce silver coin. Definately going to include contact information on the raffle tickets. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Would love to do trade shows and expos, but I live in such a rural area they really don't exist, if they do I don't know where to look. Mostly flea markets around here and they are mostly outdoors so they are closed for the winter. I saw an event through the chamber of commerce but it was sort of pricey.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

The key is having a plan and system for following up and block time on your calendar for the next week or two for this. Don't wait too long. Drawings are great because you can collect leads. Keep the bowl or basket back and try to have them hand the slip back to you so you can look at it, thank them using their name and start some friendly dialogue.

Have a pen so you can jot quick notes as they walk away.

Be as engaging as possible to become more memorable and don't forget the other vendors!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregPrice View Post
Ok. Collecting leads through a draw or raffle is a great idea! I have a table at a gunshow in Richmond (the product is gold and silver btw) and we were going to do a raffle for a 1 ounce silver coin. Definately going to include contact information on the raffle tickets. Thanks!
You're welcome, Greg! Let us know how it goes