Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default build deep or go wide?

What do you focus on, building deep or going wide?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

It totally depends on the details of your pay plan. Personally I like binary plans, as they do not require this kind of decision.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:56 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBee View Post
What do you focus on, building deep or going wide?
I'd personally prefer just to work directly with a few people and really focus on developing them. Hopefully, they can then do the same. I try to keep it to about 4-5.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brady View Post
I'd personally prefer just to work directly with a few people and really focus on developing them. Hopefully, they can then do the same. I try to keep it to about 4-5.
I found this to be most effective as well

Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
It totally depends on the details of your pay plan. Personally I like binary plans, as they do not require this kind of decision.
I was a little short on time when I posted the message last night, let me make it a little more clearer.

Going wide means, you personally sponsor as many people as you can each and every month. Depends on your pay plan, you might have to put them all on your front line or you can put them under your people (like matrix, binary or even unilevel). The point is you have to go out there to recruit, recruit and recruit.

Going deep means, you help your people to recurit, you work closely with your people until they are 3, 4 or 5 level deep. Teaching and working with your people take time, so you only have small amount of time to recuit yourself.

I hope this make sense.

So, doesn't matter what kind of pay plan you are in, do you focus on buidling deep or going wide?

edit to add: glad you like binary plan, Yogi. I was in binary before.... it didn't work for me.

Last edited by BusyBee; 01-18-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brady View Post
Me too, John.

But, I heard some very successful network marketers, they actually suggest to "go wide fast". If each of your team members builds his/her own front line, following the advice "go wide fast" and teaching their people to duplicate that process, the depth will take care of itself.

What do you think about this?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Super WAHM

Personally, I feel growing deep is the better option. When you grow deep it gives you many different personalities and people to work from. Growing deep also can really get things moving faster.

I always think about the sizzling soup theory. If you heat from the bottom up you can really get things cooking. So if you have people that are 4 deep and the bottom one is a hot shot you can really move that energy up the chain!

Hopefully that makes sense. My vote is to grow deep!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Go Wide!!!

When you first start out in network marketing, you may be told that you only need to sponsor a few MLM prospects into your immediate downline and then your business will rapidly take off.

This is hardly the case, more often than not you will find that many people who you sponsor will mainly be self consumers of the products and will have no interest whatsoever to build a network marketing business of their own.

This means that you can’t simply rely on a handful of people to continue expanding your organization, in order for you to reach those top levels.

You need to continue to build your business by increasing the size of your frontline. In other words you need to go as wide as possible.

blessings...
Douglas Adams
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Douglas!

It is nice to finally see your face Watkins Man!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:58 AM
WAHM Addict

By the way, you LOOK like a Watkins Man!

Regarding the topic, the simple answer is, it depends entirely on the comp plan!!

And, BIG money has been made in ALL of the comp plans!