Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Super WAHM

Default PPC on Facebook

Has anyone done this to promote their opportunity? Almost everything I'm doing to promote my opportunity revolves around FaceBook and Froum posting (like WAHM). I was thinking of a $10 daily limit or $300 a month.

Has anyone done PPC on Facebook and if so what were the results?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Awesome WAHM

I see you decided on PTN. Good Luck !!

Expect that you will get many more clicks than people who give you an email at your PTN landing page. A good ad is cheaper than a bad ad, since FB is only interested in CPI. You can pay per click, but a bad performing ad will cost you more per click than a good ad. New ads can be cheaper because of this, so plan to have several different ones that you release one at a time if the FB suggested cost goes up.

I look at advertising as cost per signup. The intermediate numbers don't mean much, And its erratic. You could go several days without a signup (on your landing page), then get a bunch in one day. I would figure on a week or more before assessing results.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
I see you decided on PTN. Good Luck !!

Expect that you will get many more clicks than people who give you an email at your PTN landing page. A good ad is cheaper than a bad ad, since FB is only interested in CPI. You can pay per click, but a bad performing ad will cost you more per click than a good ad. New ads can be cheaper because of this, so plan to have several different ones that you release one at a time if the FB suggested cost goes up.

I look at advertising as cost per signup. The intermediate numbers don't mean much, And its erratic. You could go several days without a signup (on your landing page), then get a bunch in one day. I would figure on a week or more before assessing results.
Thanks, I bought a few books today on ad design for FB and other social media site-like LinkedIn for example. I'm also going to be talking to my upline about it once I do some more research. When I was with AP, I did ads on CareerBuilder, in different cities-that worked well, but was pretty expensive.

I wrote several different ads and got a good response rate-over 30 signups, as I recall. The key was the keep the ads fresh in each city; you'd get 80% of your reponses within a few days.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

I think it was Shelley who told me some have gained a few members with facebook PPC but they were costly. I did make up a few sample ads to the point of pricing per click and backed out for the sheer reason of believing I would get thousands of clicks at the price per click they wanted for the ad and I'm not yet to the point of safely assuming the risk.

Like you told me the other day John, I too am in no hurry at this point. Would like a few more MLM quality minded folks such as yourself and those I know from a few years on the forums in my group and some solid, dependable commissions coming in before I go wild with advertising lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzy Little's View Post
I think it was Shelley who told me some have gained a few members with facebook PPC but they were costly. I did make up a few sample ads to the point of pricing per click and backed out for the sheer reason of believing I would get thousands of clicks at the price per click they wanted for the ad and I'm not yet to the point of safely assuming the risk.

Like you told me the other day John, I too am in no hurry at this point. Would like a few more MLM quality minded folks such as yourself and those I know from a few years on the forums in my group and some solid, dependable commissions coming in before I go wild with advertising lol.
yes, I agree...it isn't something I want to do immediately. I'm soaking up the info from the Poker Lessons, for example and I'm already getting a few little nibbles here and there. I'm not ready for FB ads yet, but I want to be ready once my team grows and I want to get a little more big time.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:35 AM
Awesome WAHM

Before you start any advertising campaign, make sure you read Facebook's Terms and Conditions and Advertising Guidelines. Facebook are much stricter than Google and if your ads violate their terms and conditions, they will pull the ads down straight away.

If you continue to violate them, you will have your account shut down and terminated. Note: You can't put an affiliate link directly in your advert or your advert will get rejected. You'll need to have your own domain or Facebook page that you can direct the prospect to. They will go from your advert, directly to your Facebook page or external site.

Doug
Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watkins Man View Post
Before you start any advertising campaign, make sure you read Facebook's Terms and Conditions and Advertising Guidelines. Facebook are much stricter than Google and if your ads violate their terms and conditions, they will pull the ads down straight away.

If you continue to violate them, you will have your account shut down and terminated. Note: You can't put an affiliate link directly in your advert or your advert will get rejected. You'll need to have your own domain or Facebook page that you can direct the prospect to. They will go from your advert, directly to your Facebook page or external site.

Doug
Yes, that is good advice. Several have warned me about this at some of the other forums I post on. I also learned that you can often get the same number of hits and conversions by only offering a fraction of what FB 'suggests' you bid. This could cut your costs dramatically.

I'm going to do this once my team gets a little larger, I think, to fuel the growth for my business builders.