Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnabunch View Post
I refuse to sign up for any company that has a quota. I don't know...I just don't like it.
Define "quota"...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 AM
WAHM Addict

I assume Cinnabunch is referring to monthly volume requirements? That's the most common "quota" I know of in network marketing. Very few companies have any quotas in terms of how many people you have to bring in. (I think Melaleuca has an annual enrollment quota to maintain residuals.)
Old 10-15-2010, 01:37 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
I refuse to sign up for any company that has a quota. I don't know...I just don't like it.
hmm...I actually DO like quotas.
Imagine starting a company , getting people to join and none of them have to buy anything?!?!
Where will that go?

As a team builder , I know that my team will all have their monthly quota( in our case an autoship) and many will have beyond ...

Nothing wrong with reasonable quotas in my opinion.

Weeds out the serious from the peeps who just want to join something without a commitment too
Old 10-15-2010, 02:56 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Typist View Post
Maybe it was one of the comp plan changes they made earlier this year. To my understanding, if you have a downline at all, meaning at least one person on your team is purchasing coins, then you do NOT have to make any purchase yourself to receive compensation.
Hmm...I don't think that's accurate. Looking at the most recent pay plan, you have to personally do 60 points in product in order to qualify for downline commisisons.

Quote:
You are required, however, to pay the $10-$11 to continue to receive access to their "back office" training and lead capture pages.
I believe it's $9.95 per month.

Quote:
My husband and I still like to get the coins each month as a neat investment and because they make cool gifts. But if there was a month we couldn't afford it or didn't want to, then we don't have to purchase one.
So you're saying that -- when you choose not to purchase a coin AND no one buys one from you -- you still get a check on your downline's purchases?

According to the pay plan, you have to do 60BV monthly AND have two personally enrolled active associates in order to be a 1Star Rep. Anything below that, there's no pay.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRush View Post
Hmm...I don't think that's accurate. Looking at the most recent pay plan, you have to personally do 60 points in product in order to qualify for downline commisisons.
At the bottom of the plan, it definitely says there is no purchase necessary to receive compensation. Do you know why it would say that if you have to personally have 60 points? I'm happy to be corrected, since I'm pretty new to Numis.

Quote:
I believe it's $9.95 per month.
Yeah, I knew it was somewhere around there.

Quote:
So you're saying that -- when you choose not to purchase a coin AND no one buys one from you -- you still get a check on your downline's purchases?

According to the pay plan, you have to do 60BV monthly AND have two personally enrolled active associates in order to be a 1Star Rep. Anything below that, there's no pay.
Yes, that's my understanding. There are certain bonuses that you don't qualify for if you don't meet that 60BV etc., but I believe you still get the residual commissions regardless of what you purchase.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Not quite sure if this meets your riteria.

Our company gives you your monthly membership ($50) free if you have five personally sponsored people with an active membership. At that point the costs to remain active and get paid is $19.95 per month, which is the monthly affiliate fee. At that point you get team commissions. You also uusally qualify to get 50% matching bonuses.

Last edited by Yogi; 10-18-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Registered WAHM

SendOutCards requires $15.50 to maintain wholesale pricing, and $31 total (that's wholesale cost, or $49 retail cost) in personal volume (you and/or your customers) to get residuals. No websites are even available for monthly fees (although company gives you 2 personal sites, plus a back office for free).

If you opt out of the auto-purchase of $15.50 or more, then you cannot reclaim the right to wholesale pricing (and I believe the retail profits go with) for 6 months, although you can still earn bonus payouts even without the $31 total.

So, it is under $20 if you have an additional $15.50 (or $24.50 retail) from your customers.

--Stephanie
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
PRODUCT sales MUST take place for commissions to be paid and if no product is moving, money can't be paid.

The question you have to look at for any MLM is what do they require you to do. Do they force a product purchase from you? Are you able to obtain that volume requirement through retail sales? Are you able to take part in a portion or all of the plan without making a personal purchase?

A company that forces auto-ship is walking a fine line on the legality side.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:24 PM
WAHM Master

Yes most of those examples are what I'm looking for.

So what I understand is being said about SOC is that SOC is about $30 a month; but if you have enough retail customers your personal purchase only has to be around $15....is that correct? I'll add that to my list if that information is accurate.

Actually that is the same way Beacbody works....since we have true retail customers, most of the time provided by the company itself, my monthly quota is 50bv a month, but my retail customers always cover it and then some. So I actually am required to purchase $0 for myself each month. So like SOC, officially the monthly minimum is 50bv, but in actuality, most coaches as the first level of Emerald don't ever have to pay that out of their own pockets...it is true genuine retail sales being made. I know that is true for SOC too - that they make true retail sales to end users.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:52 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Typist View Post
At the bottom of the plan, it definitely says there is no purchase necessary to receive compensation. Do you know why it would say that if you have to personally have 60 points?
Because if you choose to retail coins to the general public, those points count toward your 60-point quota for the month.

In other words, you DO have to have 60BV per month in order to qualify for commissions....but you have a choice of how to produce those 60points: buy a coin yourself or retail a coin. Most people are buying the coin themselves.

I hope that assists,
Tony