Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Awesome WAHM

Smile NuVitae?

Anyone here used this product or know anything about the company? I have friend involved in the business who gave me 2 cans to try. It's a fibraceutical product (not sure I'm spelling that right) which means it's invisible fiber in a citrus carbonated drink. Tastes like club soda, so added a little cranberry juice and it tastes great that way.

It really did curb my appetite for the 2 days I drank it. And... it definitely has an affect on certain bodily functions... ehem...

So, just wondering if anyone here has heard of it and knew more about the business and products before I respond to my friend further.

Thanks,
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 07:50 PM
WAHM Addict

This is the first I have heard of it. I looked at the website and it sounds interesting but it's kind of vague on the site.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
WAHM Addict

Not heard of that co. Sounds like pectin and club soda.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

What's pectin? Isn't that like a wax?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:27 PM
WAHM Addict

Great question!
Pectin is a soluble fiber. There are two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble. One can be dissolved in liquid, the other is like your bran - the chunky stuff that we think of as fiber.

Pectin is the stuff that thickens jams and jellies. It like the stuff you buy in the package in the canning isle of the grocery store, like "Sure Jell". It is naturally occurring in fruit, like apples. Pectins and gums are soluble fibers. You might see some of them listed on products like ice cream. Xanthan gum is a common one for that. They all do something different in the body. Some fibers cleanse, others will bind with other substances, like fat, the thickening type can make you feel more full and less hungry.

Hope this helps
Old 08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Nuvitae

I've done a bit of research on this one. I always shy away from newtorking companies. I just ordered a sample online and didn't have to join anything. The fiber is a digestion resistant maltodextrin, that means nothing to me! It tasted good and my doctor told me that if i could get 12+ grams of fiber in a soda, I should drink it. He told me to google fiber and figure out why I needed it. I thought he was supposed to tell me these things!!
BK