Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Our first dream house just went on the market last week and I'm already going nuts. We are building our new dream home in a city across the lake--which is more than enough to do.

Today a videographer is coming to create the virtual tour AND we have a showing. Ack! Having your bedroom on the internet is more than a bit creepy if you ask me!

I've hardly blinked at BookWise for two months because I'm getting my book ready for publication, I'll be traveling a bunch next month for speaking and BookExpo--and now this. If we end up needed to move BEFORE the new house it done...I don't even want to think about it.

Sorry, just needed to moan and groan today.

Whine whine whine...

Alison
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
WAHM Addict

Ooh, it's so big! Someone will buy it to make it a hotel or guest-house, or maybe a nursing home or retirement-home or something? Or someone with a really big family.

Wishing you good luck working on the move, and a successful sale (but not too quickly so that you have to move in a hurry!) [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img] Well, that it is.

Funny. You know how some people get REALLy attached to their LONG hair--even when it doesn't look good? It's just a stringy, ratty mess, but they won't part with it--even if they have an all-expense paid makeover with the best stylist in the world.

On those occasions I want to say, "You know how you always get attention for your long hair? How everyone says, 'Wow! Your hair is so LONG!'?"

"Yes."

"Well, they are ONLY saying it's LONG. Not that it looks GOOD!" [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

That's what I always think of when someone says my house is big.
[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

I'm hoping for NO sale right now. See, we built the house in 2003. When we decided to move we put it on the market. WE sold it in 2007 and the new owner has leased it back to us. Now he's ready to sell, but WE are not. [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] I'm hoping the down market will work in our favor.

But we still did straighten up nicely for the showing. Aren't we sweet?

Alison
Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWhiz.biz
I'm hoping the down market will work in our favor.
Yes, I was wondering about this. Jana and I are sponsoring London mortgage brokers and real estate people at the moment, some of whom are already looking for other/additional sources of income (this was Robin's suggestion, made here, and has been a brilliant one! The advertising was a bit expensive by our standards, but the people we're taking on look like "quality self-starters"). So the down market has other advantages too.

Over here (St. Pete) the people who are in the market for that sort of real estate are invariably either Russian cash buyers (you don't ask where the cash came from, though) without mortgages, or foreigners (also with capital) moving to Russia. Almost zero possibility that a buyer in that price-range will require any kind of finance, here. And no downturn will affect that type of property here: there are so many multi-multi-millionaires now that the "high end" of the market is absolutely bulletproof. They say.

Wishing you a slow, leisurely sale, then! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

PS, I think it looks great, as well as "big" [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Edited by: Yulia
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Grand WAHM

Yeah, isn't construction and moving fun
On the other hand, Congratulations!!

Lori
Old 04-16-2008, 01:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
you don't ask where the cash came from
[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Actually, I like building, but moving I really hate.

This will be our third build. The first was in Boca Raton and was just a semi-custom, the one now for sale now we designed and built with a general contractor. The next we have designed and are contracting ourself. Seems like we did so much work last time anyway. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Alison
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM
WAHM Fanatic

moving should be a part of my name Lisa Moving ??????. We will be moving to El Paso in July for a year 2 year tops, then who knows where but we only have 3.5 years left then maybe we will settle into a community. Thankfully the military moves us.
Lisa
Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Lisa, I don't know how you do it. But we're all blessed that you do.

Someone once told me, "three moves is as good as a fire." I've been hauling so much stuff to Deseret Industries (the local equivalent of Goodwill). It makes me so happy. The more we take, the less we have to pack. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Alison
Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 PM
WAHM Fanatic

BTW, Lisa, if you'd like me to help you make the URL in your sig line into a link, just PM me. Tell me what you want the link to say AND where you want it to go. I just put the code on my site and you can copy and paste.

Alison
Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWhiz.biz
Someone once told me, "three moves is as good as a fire."
I have moved three times since I left school and I can vouch for it! I am still feeling a bit warm now.