Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Default got an offer in the mail strangeness

I just received a shopper invite in the mail that seems suspicious. Has anyone ever heard of d x p e marketing Inc?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Registered WAHM

i got one in the mail today as well. Was yours postmarked Madrid too? Digging around, i've found very little about DXPE Marketing. The telephone listed is a Land Line in Houston, so that part matches up. The address listed is for DXP Enterprises, in Houston, but not DXPE Marketing. DXP Enterprises sells industrial parts.

When accessing the webpage listed in the letter, i get redirected to ROHLIGCOUSA.COM. dxpemarketing.com is registered to Larry Mc Whitam, of Alvin TX, but the redirect site is registered to Reginald Pinkerton, of Worcester MA. The third redirect, which looks like a clone of the other two is to mspeuropintl.com, which is privately registered.

Aside from this page, i can find no other references to "DXPE Marketing, Inc.". Everything else is related to DXP Enterprises, which as far as i can tell, has nothing to do with marketing research...

Also, after "activating" the check on the website, you have the option of making this a "full/part time job"...which asks you for mailing address (which they already have...), as well as your SSN#...

Starting to smell a bit fishy...
Old 07-11-2014, 09:21 AM
Registered WAHM

I also received the letter and check for close to $2K from Madrid.

I did some digging and DPXE Marketing is a marketing company in Canada not in Texas.
DPX Enterprises is in Houstan Texas at the address listed on the letter.

I called DPX Enterprises and spoke to the secretary who immediately knew about the letter and check. She said that it is not related to their company and is a scam.

The routing number on the check is to a foreign bank.

Do not provide them any info.

The letter and check were sent to my 13 year old son. Who thought he was rich.

Mkpd
Old 07-14-2014, 09:09 PM
WAHM Regular

It sounds like they want us to cash the check and buy from their link so they get the money back. scammy scam scammers. I'll just send mine to the fbi and a copy to authorities from its origin.