Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default The New "Un-Employable" Group

This one REALLY blew me away and I think it is worth taking note of and being prepared to offer your opportunity and teach some one how to be self employed and NEVER look back.

I recently re-signed up a distributor who has been involved in several network marketing companies. She came in, had some great success retailing, and was kind of lured back by her old company under "Fear of loss." No problem, I know we aren't for everyone and people are going to come and go.

Well, she signed back up and I called to welcome her back and start our business plan and she told me this story.

She is mid/late 40s, like me. Has been a stay home mom, raised 2 amazing daughters, now off to college; volunteered at school; active in PTA; and on and on. Over the holidays, she decided to just get a part time job for the busy retail season. She was burned out and disillusioned about Network Marketing.

She applied at her local Toys R Us, thinking it would be a no-brainer. A few days after she turned in her application, she got a call from the "20-something" guy in charge of hiring for several stores. He was very nice, but basically told her she was "washed up!" Unemployable, even at the darn Toys R Us. She had been out for the work force too long and had no retail experience.

He also told her that normally, he wouldn't have even bothered to call her, but since her application was so nicely done, yada yada yada, that he felt compelled to call her and explain why they wouldn't be hiring her.

She asked him if it would be the same everywhere she applied and he told her yes.

So, after she digested all of that, she realized that she was going to have to rely on herself and develop her own business. She thought about all the paths she had taken and the products she has offered and realized that her friends were still asking about those candles.

Interesting story, eh, and one that is going on all across America. Great that we choose to stay home and raise well mannered, contributing members of society in our children, but it ultimately renders us "un-employable and washed up!"

GREAT reason to take charge yourself and NEVER let someone else dictate your pay or your worth!

Expect Success!

Jackie Ulmer
http://DirectSalesRockStar.com Let's Connect on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jackieulmer
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Grand WAHM

This is such a great post..
Thank you for sharing Jackie..

Teresa
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

At this time, I consider myself to be "unemployable". I was just thuinking about that so it's odd you brought up the topic.

I am only 38. I have a B.S. degree. Yet I have been involved in direct sales for the past 10 years - without working for anyone else.

However, I don't mind at all being "unemployable." I like the freedom of determining my own direction...
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
WAHM Addict

Hand raising here too! Been laid off since 7/2008. Had two interviews out of TONS of resumes sent out. Still "laid off". Decided to start my own home-based business, and haven't looked back. Still send out resumes, but now the pressure is off!

Tags
candle business, direct sales, jackie ulmer, mia bella, party plan