Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered WAHM

Post Cost?

I was just wondering approximately how much the start up cost is? I know on the site it says the kit is $100 plus shipping and handling but how much did you have to buy extra for parties to get your business going? I have always loved makeup and beauty and have even worked as a beauty manager in a department store which allowed me to do monthly beauty events doing makeovers on people so I think Mary Kay would be an excellent fit for me since I already have a passion for makeup but I am a stay at home mommy and will need a realistic cost to give my husband lol
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Super WAHM

Everything beyond the starter kit is optional. You can choose to purchase inventory
So you have products on hand to fill orders. But you can also wait to order your products after you have had a grand opening of your business party and took pre-orders for products.

So the short answer is all you need to start your business is the $100 starter kit. Everything beyond that (inventory, business supplies, etc) is optional.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

The 'reality would start with YOU as owning your own business. You would not have to spend beyond what you 'need' but working the business daily with parties, one-on-one facials, team building will definitely be more money in your pocket. You can order as you go along or can purchase some items ahead of time to save on shipping costs, administrative costs, etc. The sky is the limit in Mary Kay.

Tags
cost, kit, marykay, money, sahm