Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Default Mary Kay announces Price Hike on many products.

The directoers have already known about it..IBCs found out tooday..It goes in effect in August..so that means new packaging too most likely,,,,,,,,Don' t order too much that you do not absolutely have sold.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM
WAHM Regular

The prices were not a "hike" They are more like an anthill(averaging about 50 cents-$2 per item) and Mary Kay has not raised their prices on most of these items for several years. If you want to save a couple of bucks buy the items you use most from a Mary Kay rep before the price increase happens in Aug. Most Mary Kay reps give their customers such a good deal anyway that I doubt anyone will feel any difference.

Mary kay still continues to carry high quality items at a very reasonable price with an outstanding guarantee.

Jolly are you with Mary Kay still? Do you realize that every comment you post about them is negative?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Super WAHM

Jolly - with the largest increase being $2 there is nothing to worry about. You also failed to mention that several products actually decreased in price.

There has been no mention of a packaging change - everything has gone through the rebranding process already. So please don't try and scare consultants by starting rumors. Also even if there is a package change there is no difference in the products. As long as its communicated to customers the difference between what they see in the catalog and what you are giving them there should be no problem.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

I was pleasantly surprised, the price increases were very minimal. I also think the 3 month notice was suffient.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:53 PM
WAHM Regular

Mary Kay is a great company and all companies have to make changes, it is part of the industry. If you never see any changes being made I would be more worried that no one in the company is actively managing or running numbers to ensure that you have a stable healthy foundation to run your business from.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshthirtyone View Post
The prices were not a "hike" They are more like an anthill(averaging about 50 cents-$2 per item) and Mary Kay has not raised their prices on most of these items for several years. If you want to save a couple of bucks buy the items you use most from a Mary Kay rep before the price increase happens in Aug. Most Mary Kay reps give their customers such a good deal anyway that I doubt anyone will feel any difference.

Mary kay still continues to carry high quality items at a very reasonable price with an outstanding guarantee.

Jolly are you with Mary Kay still? Do you realize that every comment you post about them is negative?
oh no..so sorry oops. I did not mean for this to be negative, I meant for it to be a tip for newer IBCs regarding gauging their ordering.......There is a price change coming ..and that means packaging...and if an IBC is not hooked uop with a director or meetings..she would not know early enough to plan...
Old 06-08-2013, 02:52 AM
Super WAHM

Again Jolly - you are starting rumors with packaging changes.

This board should be a place for sharing of positive opinions and facts.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaGS View Post
Again Jolly - you are starting rumors with packaging changes.

This board should be a place for sharing of positive opinions and facts.
Actually it has been published, by Mary Kay Corporate... Lots of years under this MK belt...so I have learned how to balance my orders. was trying to pass on some experience.....Other lines ( Miche purses etc) make changes all the time and experienced reps share info with newer ones.... This was not meant to make anyone uncomfortable..just to save money for those making initial orders...
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Compared to Mac and many other cosmetics, Mary Kay is so inexpensive that a small increase I do not feel will have a negative impact on anything. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:40 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaanddavidsmom View Post
Compared to Mac and many other cosmetics, Mary Kay is so inexpensive that a small increase I do not feel will have a negative impact on anything. Just my 2 cents.
no it won't make any difference at all on how much the IBCs' customers buy......I recently got an email regarding another direct sales line that is removing many items from it line. creative memories....the consultant was offering an opportunity to purchase items before they were no longer available..... I saw nothing negative about that..My miche purse rep also mentions when items are retiring..she is new to direct sales and gets discouraged about changes in the line....but had her upline tipped her off she could have stocked up on the accessories she knew her customers would want ....Price does not seem to be a factor when selling Mary Kay..but customers want the item as it is featured in the books...

Closed Thread