Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Super WAHM

Kristy -

I sent you a PM, let me know if you didn't get it!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 AM
WAHM Regular

Still looking for local consultant...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM
Super WAHM

Did you get my pm about this?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 AM
WAHM Addict

it would be helpful if you find person close to your home, in the "family " of your National Sales director.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 PM
WAHM Regular

I am really excited, I just signed up today for Mary Kay! But, I kinda feel bad too, I met a consultant for coffee that I found off of the Mary Kay site, she bought me my drink and was SO nice-

But.. she showed up in shorts and sandals (said she hurt her toe). She then said they (her and the director who lives 40 miles away from where the meetings are ) plug into the meetings via the phone every week...that she went to her directors place once a year...when I said I wanted to go to the meetings, she had to ask the days/times and email them to me later....

So...to make a long story short, I want to give my 100% and felt that I needed to check around for one that wanted to be a director and followed the business model- I found the perfect gal, and was honest to the first one-but I felt badly, because the girl I met had taken her time, and gave me a little bag with a make up remover and mascara sample...and she kept coming back with "solutions" but the basic problem for me was she wasn't plugged in and was already "teaching" me to call for weekly meetings rather then to go to them..?!

I finally had to tell her the rest and say it...I want to be a business builder and want someone plugged in who teaches the business the way it is suppose to be. ::sigh:: I said it as nicely as I could...but it still made me feel bad...And it is kinda taking away a little of the excitement to joining, since she came back to me again today and had to send that at the same time as my sign up.

But...I am in the family...and I am kinda terrified hahahaha! I have spent all afternoon trying to figure out where to order catalogs from, and all I see are ecatalogs what's going on there?!

All and all it is a fun day, looking forward to getting my kit!!!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM
WAHM Regular

Welcome to the Mary Kay family.

Honestly - I am going to be blunt here. It may not be well received.

While it is the consultants choice who they sign up under, your current recruiter SHOULD have sent you back to the original consultant you met with in person. You said you wanted to be under someone who teaches you the way it is supposed to be... We don't steal each others recruits. She took her personal time and money to meet with you.

While her director's training may not have been what you were looking for, many Mary Kay consultants work with adoptee directors - people who are willing to train you out of the kindness of their heart.
I was also a little disappointed that you seemed to be ignoring myself and the other consultant reaching out to help you find a local director.

We are more than just some direct sales company, don't climb over someone just to get to the top. We operate on the golden rule.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Well first of all, I was blunt with her up front, and told her that since I had a bad experience with a dead beat Amway sponsor who in 12 years got only ME to sign up, and people I brought to plan actually got turned off due to his snotty personality, that I was going to make sure that I signed up under someone who was a good fit for me.

Second of all, yes I did get yours, and a couple other's pm offering help, and every single one started by saying that they could locate a MK consultant in MY area, then they proceeded to sell themselves and try to convince me that I didn't need one local. I even got back out here and said "still looking for a local" but not one person responded to that after they saw I really wanted someone LOCAL and wouldn't join out of area.

But even being honest up front, I am a nice person, and still hated to tell her no thank you. As far as the first one you talk to you need to go with theory, I call bunk on that! This is my business, and if I can see that this person is not working the business, isn't going to meetings or even know where one is after four years, and really is just making this a hobby, then I am NOT going to sell myself short!

Rejection is part of this business. I didn't have to tell her anything, I could have just ignored her emails forever-, but instead I was kind and respectful and honest- there is no guarantee that when you meet someone they will sign up with you- it is totally their choice.

I certainly did not meet her intending to waste anyone's time-but I'm sorry if you show up in shorts and sandals, tell your prospect to just call for meetings once a week, and do not go to any events yourself, people are going to go to someone else. You can't learn the business from somebody that isn't working the business.

She actually was very nice in her last email, and wanted me to get a good match. Sponsorship and teams are important. People notice what you do not what you say.

Last edited by monicaanddavidsmom; 05-18-2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 AM
WAHM Regular

While I did offer to have you join my team, I also proceeded to offer to help you find a local director - so it's not true that once you posted you hadn't found someone no one wanted to help you.

Ultimately, yes, it is your choice who you choose to sign up under. Good luck with your new business.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM
WAHM Regular

So, I guess what I am hearing is.. it would have been ok to contact you, but I did a terrible thing by contacting a local after talking to this other gal. Huh, interesting. And btw I did respond to you on 5/08 so please do not say that I didn't, the reason it went no further, is because I clearly stated I wanted a local, and it was another "but you don't have to be in the same area" response. If someone isn't really interested in helping ME then they shouldn't offer, just my opinion.

Thank you for the MK welcome. And good luck on your business too.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 PM
WAHM Regular

No, it would not been ok to contact me after this local consultant worked with you. How did I imply that? I am not here to argue with you.

Closed Thread