Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Questions Before Joining Mary Kay

Hello,

I was looking to join mary kay but I had some questions before I did. basically, i wanted to know you could sell mary kay products online. i don't have a sponsor yet..so I'm hoping to join under the person who can best answer these questions:

1) can you sell mary kay products online? if so, what are the rules i would need to follow? if i joined, i only want to sell the products online. this is what i do for a living. comestics sell well for me and i thought mary kay would be a good fit.

2) to help make sales.....can reps offer promotions like free shipping and coupon codes? are there new promotions every month featuring mary kay products on sale? free shipping and sales do best for me.

3) i read we get paid 50% on every sale. but what percentage to we get from our downline (first level)? is there a monthly minimum of sales we need to meet?

4) i own an LLC. can my commission payments be made to my llc instead of to me personally? how often do agents get paid?

5) i noticed on the websites the reps name and picture are posted. for privacy reasons, can i just make up a name and post a picture of someone else on my website? i don't mind putting up my phone number if i have too..but i don't like having my name on the web.

6) are there any restrictions on being an avon rep and a mary kay rep?

I thank you in advance for helping me out!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Mary Kay

1) can you sell mary kay products online? if so, what are the rules i would need to follow? if i joined, i only want to sell the products online. this is what i do for a living. comestics sell well for me and i thought mary kay would be a good fit. Yes, you could sell online. However, face to face meetings/parties showing the products are the best results. If you know alot about marketing on the computer, this might work for you. I have found that selling in person produces the greatest results with continuous sales.

help make sales.....can reps offer promotions like free shipping and coupon codes? are there new promotions every month featuring mary kay products on sale? free shipping and sales do best for me. YES, you are permitted to offer any discount or promotion - it is up to you. Mary Kay offers limited edition products each quarter and also offers discounts for reps on their 'pink sale.' Free shipping always works for me.

3) i read we get paid 50% on every sale. but what percentage to we get from our downline (first level)? is there a monthly minimum of sales we need to meet? It is approximately 40% after you take deductions for shipping or samples, etc. There is 4% commission, 9% with 5 active if you also are in an active status - there is a huge pamphlet on this that I will have to find and send to you under separate cover. If you become a Director - 24 ACTIVE consultants, your commissions are much larger with the addition of a car/insurance, etc.

4) i own an LLC. can my commission payments be made to my llc instead of to me personally? how often do agents get paid?
I am not sure what is "LLC" but we have an account thru MK called PROPAY where we charge our customer's credit cards and we retain in our account.

5) i noticed on the websites the reps name and picture are posted. for privacy reasons, can i just make up a name and post a picture of someone else on my website? i don't mind putting up my phone number if i have too..but i don't like having my name on the web.
You do not have to post your picture at all; I would think that in order for people to contact you they would want to call you by your name. I have had my name on the web for over 8 years with no problems. MK also offers a website for $25.00 first year; 50 thereafter with no maintenance by the rep.
6) are there any restrictions on being an avon rep and a mary kay rep? I am not 100% sure about this and would have to get back to you. This company is amazing and the sky is the limit. Many Directors make from $3000.00 to......6 figures a month.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you need further info.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Super WAHM

1) yes you can sell products online. There are restrictions as to advertisement online though.
2) yes you can offer free shipping and coupon codes, as an independent contractor you run your ken business. Free shipping is encouraged by the company
3) 4% on your first team member and when you have more team meme be commissions and bonuses increase. The minimum order to remain a consultant with the company is $200 a year.
4) payments can not be made to an llc from what I know. Your commissions are tied to your Comsultant agreement, which you complete with your ssn not ein. Commissions on team building are paid monthly.
5) your name on the website it the name you sign your agreement under which is also attached to your ssn. You do no have to put a picture of yourself on your website.
6) no there is not. Once you reach a certain level in leadership I believe there is a non-compete clause.