Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Is it possible to be successful in Mary Kay without inventory

I am not in a position to purchase inventory. My sales director had mentioned that a 4200 package would be ideal for me becuase I wanted to do this during the week full time.(I only work on the weekends) Anyway, I have to start with the starter kit and go from there. That is just the way it is. But I would really like to make a success of Mary Kay. I do pretty good with the other things I sell. But have gotten discouraged a little because in one of my companies I one of my fellow consultants tried to steal one of my recruiting prospects. I think it was my up line who signed me up! I know that in Mary Kay if someone has talked to someone else you don't take their customer or prospect I am respectful of other consultants customers and potential recruits. Anyway, I just wondered if it was possible to be really successful without inventory and has any of you guys done it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 08:11 PM
WAHM Addict

I started witnh zero inventory, scheduled a good amount of parties in the beginning..took pre payments and ordered what the customers bought,, never went into debt...and found reliable consultants with whom to trade product. $4200 is outrageous...it is only beneficial to your up line..there are well monitored yahoo groups like Search and Swap for trading ..Do NOT make a purchase like that and do NOT go into debt..My director is an NSD..I had seen examples of new consultans ordering 3 thousand dollars in inventory and then the product line changed ( it does regularly) and she was up a creek with worthless product. So when i signed up I told my NSD I was not preordering inventory..and she respected...note she respected...my decision......My first order was about $500...that is what I had sold..and I kept the difference.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Thank you so much for your input.

Thank you so much for your advice. You are right it only benefits my upline. I am doing exactly what you did. I will hold parties and take pre payments. thank you so much for responding to me. I really appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Super WAHM

I agree with Jolly. I was one of the consultants pressured by her upline to place a big order to have a full store just to have the product line change. She always called me and told me I had to order more. I got frustrated and left. I hope you have a better experience than I did. I still love MK products, I'm just no longer a consultant with them.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM
WAHM Regular

This is how high up MK consultants make their money - from others buying inventory. So no, don't do it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered WAHM

That's a lot of money. I would be careful because Mary Kay does update their product line frequently and you could be stuck with outdated product, which is frustrating.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Yes - it is possible !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldmind7 View Post
That's a lot of money. I would be careful because Mary Kay does update their product line frequently and you could be stuck with outdated product, which is frustrating.
A good rule of thumb is to order only what you have already sold. Most customers do not mind waiting for their product. From my experience, there is no way you can possibly know what your customers are going to order every month, and that is why it is very prudent to "only order what you have already sold." By adopting this policy, you should stay out of debt fairly easily.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered WAHM

I have been selling MK for 3 years now I only order what is needed, I don't carry inventory either. Sometimes I will have an extra moisterizer or eye makeup remover but thats really it.I refuse to end up in debt while the higher ups make money off of me.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Smile Here's to your debt free MK business

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOfToo View Post
I have been selling MK for 3 years now I only order what is needed, I don't carry inventory either. Sometimes I will have an extra moisterizer or eye makeup remover but thats really it.I refuse to end up in debt while the higher ups make money off of me.
With this philosophy, you are on target to be a debt free MK lady.

Congratulations ... many of us had to learn this lesson the hard way. Once I paid off my pink debt, I swore never to go near the pink quicksand again.

You have made a wise decision.

Pink Pea
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks Jolly. That is how I am starting my MK business and trying to stay strong. I really believe in these products and this busniness, but then I read comments on pink truth and wonder if I am not seeing the true picture.