Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Confused on ordering etc

Ok,
SO I signed up today which I am very excited about but I am little confused on ordering. I wanted to place an order but why does it say in section 1 I have to do a minimum of $200 is that every time I order?? And how do I make a profit? Do I sell for retail and then I keep half of that?
Some clarification would be wonderful!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Super WAHM

Your first order with Mary Kay needs to be $200 and then you "unlock" the 50% discount for the next 3 months and can order any amount. You pay the company wholesale and sell at retail. Your recruiter and director should be able and happy to answer these questions for you.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaGS View Post
Your first order with Mary Kay needs to be $200 and then you "unlock" the 50% discount for the next 3 months and can order any amount. You pay the company wholesale and sell at retail. Your recruiter and director should be able and happy to answer these questions for you.
Thank you for the information! I would consult my recruiter but I signed up under my husbands mom and she rarely sells and to be honest never really got into it so that's why I was asking the questions. So reading your response that I unlock the discount for 3 months, what happens after the 3 months?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Super WAHM

You need to place another $200 order to get the discount after the 3 months expires.

Has your director contacted you yet?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaGS View Post
You need to place another $200 order to get the discount after the 3 months expires.

Has your director contacted you yet?
Gotcha, thanks for the information!
No she has not contacted me!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Im happy to hear you signed up Lindsay! Melissa explained it just right! Good luck to you!
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmoore85 View Post
Gotcha, thanks for the information!
No she has not contacted me!
do some research.......check out the MK website INTouch....to look up about the ordering...It gets confusing...some of my recruits made mistakes and ordered too much,
Old 08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Super WAHM

If this is your first order with MK, check with your director before you place the order.
If you are serious about building a business, they are different inventory levels with additional free product you would be eligible for.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If you are thinking about placing an order during the last couple of days of the month, hold off until the first of the next month. (Unless you are helping your team with a goal.)

When you place the $200, you unlock the 50% discount the month you place your order, plus the next two consecutive months.

If you place an order on the 29th, you will have the last couple of days, plus the next two months to get the 50% discount. But if you place the order on the first, you have that full month, plus the next two months - giving you 3 full months. Make sense?
Old 08-27-2012, 04:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmoore85 View Post
Ok,
SO I signed up today which I am very excited about but I am little confused on ordering. I wanted to place an order but why does it say in section 1 I have to do a minimum of $200 is that every time I order?? And how do I make a profit? Do I sell for retail and then I keep half of that?
Some clarification would be wonderful!!
I am told the two hundred makes you active so people can find you by searching zip codes. If you don't have two hundred then you can keep taking orders until you reach two hundred or more. I have the same thing.