Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Im happy with my decision!!

I just recently joined Mary Kay. I also chose to purchase inventory for my new business!
But because Im new, and sooo excited, I did some google searches on the MK opportunity.
I am completely disappointed with the things I read. Constant bashing on the MK opp.!!!
Why!?!?
Granted, I noticed most of these people have never even ran a MK biz and they even admit it. So what gives them the right to even comment on it, cause they know someone who it didnt work out for, who most likely invested alot of money in inventory!? They probably also expected to get rich quick! This is a business peoples!!
And then theres the "Mary Kay is a scam, its an MLM". "The only way you make money is by recruiting and talking your new recruit into purchasing an inventory".
And that consultant only makes money when their recruits sells and apparently that means the opp is a scam!?!
So I guess Avon, Scentsy ect. ect, are ALL scams too!!

Yes I am a little flustered, maybe even because I just invested alot in this business, but my director did NOT push me into doing that. She gave me the facts and then left me alone about it to make my own decision based on my own situation. I went from there, spoke with my husband and me and him made the decision to invest. I mean think about it, you have GREAT product on your shelves that your customers dont have to wait to get. And I just dont see how someone says that you dont make money, you make product. Do people not know how to do math these days!!
I do see making more profit starting out with an inventory and thats why I chose to do that, but you dont HAVE to!

And when the director recruits someone who does choose to invest in an inventory, they dont get paid from that recruits profit, MK pays them!

Im sorry for ranting here, but doing that google search really did frustrate me.
Just some of the things I read, just doesnt match up to how I see this opportunity in my mind! :/
But it doesnt matter, Im still happy to be a part of this so called Mary Kay "cult"!!! LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Super WAHM

Mary Kay is lucky to have you as part of the company!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:58 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaGS View Post
Mary Kay is lucky to have you as part of the company!
Yes they are!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Are both of you ladies in Mary Kay too?

What are your experiences with it, how long have you been with the company and how do you like it so far?

It would be nice to hear more positive things about current reps.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 AM
WAHM Regular

I thought I'd posted to you earlier but I guess my post didn't go through.

Welcome! MK is very lucky to have you.

I've been with the company since April 2011. I love our company. It's very straightforward in the way we make our money. I adore my sister consultants and attend many events (MK and nonMK with them.)

I just got back from Seminar over the weekend and HOLY COW! When your director or anyone else says that they can't explain it, you just have to see it - believe them! I was blown away by the magnitude of it. It wasn't just one or two people who had successful businesses. There were hundreds. Not to mention, I had such a great time hanging out with my sister consultants. We even worked on our goals together on the plane home.

I'm probably way off subject. But, I just want you to get an idea of how much MK has truly changed my life. It sounds so cliche but it's true.

All the best to you. I look forward to seeing you more on here!
Old 08-08-2012, 03:58 PM
WAHM Addict

What specifically would you like to know?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM
WAHM Regular

My mother in law has been a MK distributor for over 20 years. She absolutely loves it and raves about the products. Don't let the nay-sayers get you down. Keep a positive attitude and remember your "why" of why you joined. Let your excitement and enthusiasm grow and it will show when you share MK with others. The best of success to you
Old 08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Thanks Ladies!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi, one of my very good friends has been in Mary Kay for 30 years! She has been driving a MK car for as long as I've known her, over 20 years. She is a sales director and one of the nicest and highly respected women in our community. There is huge MK presence in my town, many successful women who own their Mary Kay business'. It is a very respectable, legitimate company with a great opportunity. Don't listen to all of the negative comments you will hear about the business of Direct Selling. We are all in this business together, no matter what company we represent! I support all Direct Sellers and wish them the best! Direct Selling and Mary Kay in particular has helped a lot of women and families when jobs were impossible to find. Congratulations on your decision, you made a great choice!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:48 PM
WAHM Addict

Willing to answer any specific questions......