Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Default New Timewise Repair

I saw it for the first time in the latest Applause mag. Has anyone seen it?

I noticed that the magazine told us we could find info on it in Product Central on In Touch. But, I didn't see it. I'm really excited to learn more about it. While I love my Miracle set and the supplements, my skin has aged more than it should in 35 years. I was a beach bum for most of my 20s and rather than using sunscreen, I used a tanning accelerant (from the tanning salons) when I went to the beach. Yeah, I know - don't beat me up. I already do that enough myself!! Micro has done wonders for my skin. But, I'd love to see if the Repair line will add more to my skincare regimen.

Oh! And, I just thought of something. I bet this line will be our free product at seminar! SWEET!!!

How do you think it will sell with your customers? It's more expensive but may be worth it. WDYT?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 09:04 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm looking forward to trying the Timewise Repair. I too, spent a lot of time in the sun...as a surfer on the water and in the sun and I'm 50 now, so I do what I can to improve past damage.

I haven't seen the pricing, but I sold the higher priced skincare products from my last company, than I did the lower priced one's. Repair products in all brands typically cost more, so they should sell fine.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
WAHM Regular

My daughter sells MK, it is available for consultants in September! I am anxious to try this for sure! The price is really inexpensive when you compare it to other anti aging lines. Only $199 for the set! Other direct selling lines are over $200 or close to $300 a set for most. She's ordering me a set in September, but her director is going to let me sample hers when she gets it, I think next month!! I saw her Applause- the packaging looks beautiful.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Super WAHM

Default Beautiful Product but will the actual customers be there?

I will be interested to see how this goes. i am glad they are furnishing samples.

My opinion is that the customers won't compare it to estee lauder etc but compare it to Olay, which is Mary's Kay's biggest competitior so I have read. I have been really surprised at how pricey these drug store items are getting.

Mary Kay has been inching up on their prices, some now $40 and so on. But the bread and butter is still the miracle set.

It becomes available to sales directors in July so look for it on ebay.

If anyone gets a chance to try it from their director please post. The packaging is beautiful

My opinion is to buy several samples and see how well people like it. Even at 50% off this is an expensive group.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Smart Business

Improving and changing is the name of the game. Just look back on your cell phone from just two years ago.....ugh! Heck I saved up to buy my hubby a new cell last year and it already looks ancient. Lol. Its just the way things are now. If I meet a new to me customer who says she is still on "the basic set". I do my best to educate her on the benefits of our Miracle set.
Lets just say Mk kept the same products and did not update the packaging, then what would be the allure for existing customers to get excited and book another party?
We need new and fresh! Just know your customer base and who this new line would benefit. Noti everyone will drop their money on this.....but lot will.

And I never heard that our biggest competitor is Olay? And what is with the constant redirection to ebay??
Old 07-17-2012, 07:31 AM
WAHM Regular

I've actually heard that our competition is the dept store brands - EL, Lancome, Clarins, etc... So many of my customers have switched from them for a variety of reasons - cost, convenience, supporting a local business.

And, I love eBay as much as anyone else. But, I'm not going to buy my MK stuff from there. I like to know exactly where it's coming from. I set my standards high for my own skincare and I treat my customers as if they do, as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Super WAHM

Terri I agree with you on ebay about not knowing where it comes from.

I read the comparison between olay and mary kay I think it was Paula Berguoin or somewhere discussing cosmetic lines.. I don't think women think of Mary kay and estee lauder in the same way. At least not the ones I have known when I was selling. I am not comparing the quality, just the PERCEPTION of price.

I think Beauticontrol or Arbonne is considered more along with Estee lauder. To me, in my own personal opinion it is Clinique that is more comparable to Mary Kay, I tend to compare those two more.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Time Wise Repair just when I got back

Along the abovementioned lines, I just re-launched my MK business after being in and out, and working other product lines for the last couple of years.

And the main reason I came back to MK (besides it just happen that I never have enough of it!) is because, there is always interest and trust in what MK delivers as a product.

The introduction of the Time Wise Repair will require, as most of our products working with the samplers. Let the customer experience it, smell it, feel it, play with it and, well make their own mind. Yes, the samplers is the way to go.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:51 AM
WAHM Regular

Default On the subject.

On the subject of comparing...I rarely go down that road. If a customer begins with the comparing or asking my opinion of another product I just simply say "That I do not compare or attack another lines products. That I have been using MK for 17 years and have seen about 200 faces since starting my business and all I can do is share the benfits of the products I research and educate myself on". Then I go right into the benefits of MK. I also think that the other brands have such a vast market....Estee Lauder seems to attract an older clientel (my experience), Bare Essentials attracts younger tweens and twenties, Mac seems to be all ages but mostly 20-30's. And Clinique just seems to be easy and familiar to all ages. But most of those companies are all linked into each other. I recently researched that.

I will also share that MK has its "own" team of scientist and dermatologists and also we have our own facility that we do not share with any other brand.

I think educating the consumer is the best thing....and my sales show that! =)

As far as Ebay.....that is just knocking the knees out from another consultant and I personally think it is rude. That is not doing it the way Mary Kay wished or trained us for.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEmMakeupMlms View Post
I will be interested to see how this goes. i am glad they are furnishing samples.

My opinion is that the customers won't compare it to estee lauder etc but compare it to Olay, which is Mary's Kay's biggest competitior so I have read. I have been really surprised at how pricey these drug store items are getting.

Mary Kay has been inching up on their prices, some now $40 and so on. But the bread and butter is still the miracle set.

It becomes available to sales directors in July so look for it on ebay.

If anyone gets a chance to try it from their director please post. The packaging is beautiful

My opinion is to buy several samples and see how well people like it. Even at 50% off this is an expensive group.
I hesitate to do samples because they are $1.35 each. One time use is not going to make enough of a difference for people to want to spend that kind of money for the set. I find it's best for them to try the set - for a month or so - then return it if it doesn't seem to be worth it for them. I have heard of people that have tried it, and it is Very Good! Directors can order next week. If you think you can benefit from this product personally - you could buy one from your director to give it a good solid try before ordering it for customers or inventory.