Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Is it true about Lia Sophia?

I have seem posts on Facebook about Lia Sophia closing. I am wondering if it's true. Very sad if so. I really liked their jewelry.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Apparently it is. A rep I know said it was announced on their call today. I think they are being bought out by QVC? I'm not sure of the timing - one source said the next two months.

Seems like they had a huge drop-off in reps and the business wasn't able to sustain itself the way it had historically. It's a shame since the people I know in the business were happy and successful.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Awesome WAHM

Wow, I just heard the same thing on Facebook and thought it surely isn't true. I sure do feel for the reps.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:02 PM
WAHM Fanatic

No, it is absolutely true. I just had it confirmed again by a leader who was on their incentive trip in October.

I have to say that I am getting very annoyed by all the tactless people who are already trying to recruit them to a new company. At least 8 posts so far in my facebook feed are people soliciting on vendor groups I'm on.

I'd love to share my business, but I can't even begin to think of the appropriate venue and time and what I am seeing happening (elsewhere, not here) is just tacky, especially when there are advisers who haven't even heard the news.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks, Liz. It's confusing because some of this is coming from their reps and there have been rumors like this before. I just stepped back and called a friend who is with them to see what she had heard and waiting to hear from her. That said, not cool to jump on trying to recruit anyone in situations like this. I do feel for those reps because it has to be very hard to go through your company closing. That's too bad.

Last edited by KNicholls; 12-01-2014 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Very sad... and during the holidays, too.

Edited to add this link to Lia Sophia's FB post that one of my rep friend's shared.

https://www.facebook.com/liasophia/p...type=1&theater

Last edited by getufitcarleen; 12-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Super WAHM

I am so sad for all of the Lia Sophia consultants who worked so hard to build their businesses. This must be heartbreaking
Old 12-01-2014, 03:25 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Lia Sophia also announced it on their twitter feed.

Good news for the advisers is that they will continue to sell through year-end, and will have a big blowout sale to boot, so at least they can try to make the most of the few weeks they have left.

I know one gal told me she thought things had been looking up since this summer. I'm not sure what was happening behind the scenes but it is so difficult to see this happen with a company that has been around so long and has been so successful. Really makes you think that it could happen to any of us.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

What a shame to go through this through the holidays

My heart breaks for them.. I've been through the fall of a company and it's disheartening.. Many people do jump right away so recruit away!! You can hurt for them but they need a new home..

Sorry to hear.

May they find their new home quickly and rebuild what they lost!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz.jewels View Post
Lia Sophia also announced it on their twitter feed.

Good news for the advisers is that they will continue to sell through year-end, and will have a big blowout sale to boot, so at least they can try to make the most of the few weeks they have left.

(
I just read this after I already posted! Great news for the Advisers! Thanks for sharing!!!

Yes none of us are "always stable" you just never know.. companies close all the time.. but 28 year old business makes it even scarier!