Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariglynn View Post
Congratulations! Best of luck with your new Trades of Hope business.
Thanks Mariglynn...I appreciate that. I am so excited..and feel so fulfilled already! Not only is the mission amazing, but the product line is really gorgeous! I've had an amazing response in CA (which can be a pretty picky market..lol) already!

I know this decision is going to take me places (literally) I've never been before!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 05:52 PM
WAHM Fanatic

So happy to have you join the TOH sisterhood Accents4you2!! Your passion for making a difference is going to help so many women (and their families) while helping your own.

I always have trouble trying to load pics here but we had an update on one of our Indian artisans today and thought I'd share it here:
"Indian Artisan Update: Mrs. Lakshmi (pictured) was in distress when she started working for one of our artisan groups in India. Her husband had deserted her for another woman and left her with two small children and no source of livelihood.
Lakshmi’s husband later remarried and offered no support to Lakshmi or his two young children, a son and a daughter. It then became critical for Lakshmi to work in order to support her family, and she was able to find the stability and in...dependence she needed through working for one of our Indian artisan groups!
Our artisan group was able to help build Lakshmi a home near where she works. Having her own house has brought smiles in her life. She can now save money and was able to provide an education for her children! While entering her new home Lakshmi says:
“Thank you very much for all kind of support and kindness towards my family”
Lakshmi is part of the group that makes the Cloud Nine Scarf and Mumbai Earrings. Thank YOU for being world changers and supporting amazing groups and women all around the world!"

And TOH ladies did you see that our Gifts of Hope for next month will go to a group working to bring justice by ending sex trafficking right here in the US! Each TOH purchase brings so much good each month. Keep being the hands and feet for our Sisters around the world CEs!!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

congratulations! I have been reading posts and could sense that you connected well with the company mission. I also reside in CA and can relate to your comment.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks udesignit! I am so excited..and I have connected on so many levels. An interesting thing...hours after I signed up I got a message from an organizer inviting me to take part in a big/important charity event. I asked how she found me and she said she searched for TOH reps in her Area because of our beautiful products. It's going to be a great event. Now I just need an extra set of hands to help me! !

It's very encouraging to be sought out like that!

Last edited by accents4you2; 06-19-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thanks for the welcome, Amanda!

Love all the beautiful stories made possible through TOH.

I love so many things about this company besides the product and mission. Wow so innovative! So many great systems in place Ive never seen with any other company. Feeling excited!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

I got my kit today! Absolutely beautiful! Wow! I love everything! After I put on the scarf and the necklace, my hubs said, "Wow..great look!"

I think there are 5 of us here to have our own folder, isn't there?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Amazing response!

I shared Trades of Hope with a group of women yesterday and they loved everything about it..the jewelry, scarves, mission, everything! One of the products they were really impressed with was our journals! They were also very impressed with what recycled/upcycled items were used to make the products!

I love being able to share a product with so many aspects to it! I think TOH is going to do very well in California! So excited!!
Old 02-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Super WAHM

Has anyone had any sucess with just online sales for Trades of Hope? I sold Premier Jewely 10 years ago and loved the jewelry but got tired of doing home shows. Don't really want to get into that again but I love the Trades of Hope jewelry and more importantly, the mission of the company!

Thanks,
Lori
Old 02-27-2015, 03:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Hi Lori,
I'm glad you love our jewelry line and our mission! That's what brought most of us on with Trades of Hope. I think from the various CEs I've talked with, some have had great success with online sales and others have had none or little.
I think in general, whether you're sharing in person or online - sharing the stories of our artisans, the heart & mission of Trades of Hope and HOW their purchase makes a difference is important. As with all things some will and some won't but in my experience those who "get" what we're doing really get it and love telling others about it because we're different from the average company out there.
I got to sit next to a wonderful woman from NY at our retreat in January. She said home parties are a no go in NY and so she has built her business mostly on vendor events and open houses and she was in the top 10 in sales for 2014. Some of us do "live" FB events and some of us prefer the weeklong FB events. Some prefer to work mostly online and others love to do our in home/coffee shop "parties with a purpose". That's what's great - we can all build our businesses around our needs and how we work best. I personally have a weeklong FB party wrapping up Sunday, another online party starting Monday and have a live party on Sat. I like to do a bit of both. For me, it's all about what's best for my host.
If you wanted to talk more, I am sure any of us Compassionate Entrepreneurs would love to share more with you.
Amanda

Last edited by funmomma; 02-27-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: I hit submit a little quick - oops!
Old 02-27-2015, 05:31 PM
Super WAHM

Thank you Amanda! I actually just found out about Trades of Hope last night at our schools fundraiser fashion show. Very cool jewelry and mission. I have been looking to start a home business after being absent from it for several years so thought I would give this some research!

Thanks and will for sure post again with any other questions I may have!

Lori