Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Super WAHM

You'll get the bookings! I believe it! You have to believe it yourself. Believe in your product, love it, and you'll do fine! There is a market for all of our jewelry. We sometimes get in our own way when we start to think who will buy it, what will our friends think, etc. etc... Good luck! You can do it!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Great Advice

Moya,

This is so true. I think that we sometime tend to over analyze situations. I know I do at times. Or, we listen to others who tell us it is to expensive, not the right type for the area, etc. You are right, there is a market for all jewelry types. There are a lot of people still out there buying big ticket items like new homes, luxury cars, diamonds, and Rolex watches. You simply have to find your niche market.

Last edited by Bling1; 02-02-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Leads

Do I have to do anything to receive the leads? Do I need to be a certain level or have so much for sales in the month?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Super WAHM

Your first year you'll automatically be sent leads. After that as long as you have 4 shows in 2 months (?) you'll receive leads. I just had a $260. order from a lead last night! Love SD!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM
Banned

Since I started Kele&Co and know Silpada is our competitor. I just want to say they are a great company, quality products. For any company out there if you think your market is saturated I do not think it is possible. You need to broaden your circle. There is a McDonalds on every corner and they still do millions of dollars. I think to say this is just an easy way out. You may just have to work harder. Trust me back in the day I used that excuse when I did Mary Kay. They are still doing millions in business. For the economy, yes sales maybe a little lower but not much. More and more women want quality rather then fashion. They are willing to spend a little more to get something that will last forever.You need to know silver prices to understand why you pay more and you are getting a great value. Ex: I started the comapny when silver what $9.00 a gram now it is $16.00 a gram. This being said anyone that has a silver jewelry company you will see higher prices. You not only have to pay for the weight of the silver but you have to pay the artisan or silversmith to design and make it. I hope this helps. Just go and find something you love and have to have and you will be a rockstar selling it.
Enriching lives one accessory at a time
Kelly LeFevre
President
Kele&CO
Old 06-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered WAHM

Default my 3 cents

I have been a Silpada Rep for 8 months, I had never worked with other direct selling company.
The desing of jewellery is beautifull, the quality very good as well. Company is very reliable with shipping, exchanges and returns, no issue there.
My chanllenge is getting booking, and hostess benefits. You need 10 individual orders to get 30% in free jewellery and one item half-price for hostess benefits.
Most of my shows have between $600 - $800 in sales and 5-8 orders. Than hostess only qualifies for 20% in free jewellery, and no half-price or other discounts. I struggle with that and I don't have shows booked.

Kasia

Independent SD Representative

email: [email protected]
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default SD

Yamilette,

You should become a Morgan Dane rep! You are our biggest fan on WAHM. Thanks for the kind words.

Reply to original post. I was a Star Leader with Silpada years ago and then a Director with AuraStella but have finally found a fabulous home at Morgan Dane. I love Sterling Silver, what can I say....

PM me if you'd like MY reasons for leaving SD. It still has great jewelry.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Awesome WAHM

Lol...I just read this Susan!!! Yes, I do love Morgan Dane what can I say!!! I love sterling...I do have a few fashion jewelry and now recently ordered with Jewelry Kade, lovely pewter charms, oh Lord, I just love unique stuff!!! Morgan Dane has unique designed all over it...true, true!

Its really hard to choose a jewelry company with so many...I haven't jumped on the van wagon yet...I am still concentrating my efforts with Scentsy, which I absolutely love, love! Going to the Convention in Denver, Co to meet my sponsor and other girls...its been slow, but not hard at all to sell Scentsy...and just as with jewelry if you LOVE, LOVE your product and company...the rest truly falls in place...& this is coming from someone who had never ever joined a DS company until I found Scentsy!

Maybe one day I will surprise several of my jewelry girls from this forum by joining one of the amazing jewelry companies here...it will have to be a unique one for sure...do I here Morgan Dane...jajaja!!!

Hugs to all, I had not been here for a while! Wishing all of you the best with your companies!

Last edited by Search4Silver; 06-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Considerig selling Silpada

I went to my first show today I love the jewelry and booked a gathering.
I have a few questions-

Do you think the Avon acquisition will be a benefit or detriment?
Do you think Avon is going to allow the Avon stores to sell the jewelry?

How do you find retired pieces ? The rep had on a bangle bracelet that had square gemstones in it. A bangle bracelet. Any ideas bow to find it?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default SD

You can look on ebay that is where I have found pieces of their jewelry. Or there are consultants online here on WAHM that would love to give you their info to order too. :-)

Tags
ex silpada rep, silpada, silpada jewelry