Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Default Would you consider selling jewelry AND candles?

Hi - I am actually asking this because this suggestion was brought to me and I am considering it once I get rolling more with my own company. They seem to be 2 things that A LOT of women love... I have a Silpada lady interested in adding candles to her line.... we are both wondering how you think this would go over...

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great! Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Super WAHM

The two certainly do complement one another. Personally, though, I would want to focus on building just one business. I want to give my customers, hostesses, and team members top-notch service and I know that, for me, I can only do that if I'm concentrating on one company. I'm great at multi-tasking, but not THAT good.

There are women out there who successfully run two or more businesses and would tell you to go for it, especially since both candles and jewelry are hot items. So, really, it's what you're comfortable with. Go with your gut.

Tazsa
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Super WAHM

If you're familiar and comfortable with selling I wouldn't see why it would be a problem, though it could turn in to one by taking your focus away from one another (it's late I hope that made sense!)

But they do compliment each other, you could easily sell both at the same time, especially at expos and home parties.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:47 PM
WAHM Regular

I sell candles right now and I am wanting to sell jewelry. I just have to find the right company first. I help a friend right now. She makes her own and I help her get leads and sell it but I want something that is me with a company
Old 09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Super WAHM

Hey Mommy,

I'd love to give you some more info on Guy and Eva jewelry. So far it's the best I've found.

If you're interested just let me know, I'm more than happy to send some info/answer any questions you might have.

Jessica
Old 09-15-2009, 10:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I am open to any and everything from anyone I have a very busy personality and always have to be doing something and found I do a lot better with more then one company
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Super WAHM

Great! Sending you a PM
Old 09-16-2009, 05:05 AM
WAHM Addict

I do both. I think it depends on your personality and how you want to set up your business.

One of the many reasons I chose my businesses was the simplicity of working the business and the requirements. Plus, I considered the tools the company provides to help me be successful. Product is key too of course. How much it costs to operate the businesses is important.

I really wanted companies I could work online and those who offered alternative ways to sell other than home parties. I do some home parties but I don't want them to be my only outlet for sales. I also wanted products and prices that keep in line with what works for my local market.

You may want to think how you will communicate with customers and team members. I have my phone to receive messages and I typically respond quickly. Plus, I am online often and have groups and websites set up.

I'm comfortable working with a team already. I have resources in place and I'm always researching new ways to do things.

I don't recommend trying to start two at the same time. I know my candle business very well so I felt I could take on adding jewelry.

I added jewelry because I personally enjoy it...always have.

I recommend trying to write up a list for how you will work both businesses. See if you can create a system that works for you.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi

For Mommy2Girls, I'll send you a pm about Premier Designs.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
WAHM Master

For Mommyto2girls I sent you a pm about Just Jewelry.

Also if I was still with Mia Bella I would join Just Jewelry in a heartbeat! I love to stay busy! hehe