Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Interested In Jewelry

Hello All,
I am very interested in working in the direct sales of jewelry industry as a way to supplement my full time income, and yes, to have jewelry for myself. I want quality jewelry at affordable prices, as I know people are not interested in spending a fortune these days.
As of now I'm leaning toward Latasia, except I have not been able to locate a consultant to talk to.
I need a company that does not expect me to make quotas and minimums as I sometimes work 50-60 hours a week and have a young child (& a hubby)!

Please post information and let me know your experiences with your companies. I also don't want to carry inventory or huge start up costs. I want to be able to sell from a website and/or catalog OR have a home show (as I said earlier don't always have the time).

Any help would be much appreciated!

- Carole
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Super WAHM

Default Latasia

If you want to forward me your email, I will send you all that I have just gotten from Lynn Patterson. She is not on the boards, but I have chatted with her regarding the Latasia opportunity.
She is a fountian of information
[email protected]
Old 09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Super WAHM

Hi Carole!

Stella & Dot carries a large assortment of different types of jewelry and is affordable for the quality. It's considered "luxe" which is between costume and fine. So there is 24k gold, gold plated, sterling silver, semi-precious stones etc. It might not be in the price bracket you're looking for, but there is quite a bit of jewelry available under $50 and certainly something available for every style, age and budget!

There are no quotas or sales requirements to be a Stylist with Stella & Dot (only that you pay a $59 renew fee). There are only requirements should you choose to build a team. But if you're just looking to sell from a website, catalog and through trunk shows - you wouldn't even need to worry about it!

Check out my e-boutique and blog in my signature and if you would like more information I would be happy to send you some documents via email! Good luck with your search, there are a lot of great companies out there to choose from!!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Super WAHM

Default Guy and Eva Jewelry

Hi Carole,
Guy and Eva just launched on August 19th, however, prior to entering the direct sales arena, it was a retail brand with its collection being sold in boutiques and various fashion specialty stores. Pieces have been featured in numerous fashion magazines and worn by several celebrities.

Over the years, the name Guy and Eva has rapidly become synonymous with high quality and affordable prices. Check out the 2009 catalog on my website (address in signature) and see the prices for yourself. Very reasonable!
Active status is awarded to any Advisor that purchases a minimum of $100 in retail value worth of Guy and Eva jewelry within each calendar month. The order may be to fulfill a party order, an individual customer order (website or catalog), or simply to increase your stock on hand, as long as the retail value meets or exceeds $100.

There is absolutely no need to stock an inventory. The start up costs are as follows:

Become an Advisor by September 30th and receive 15% off our $149 kit (includes $800 in preselected Guy and Eva jewelry and all of the necessary business materials and online tools you'll need to get started). The retail value of the entire kit is over $1,000!!

-OR-

Become an Advisor by September 30th and receive 10% off our $199 kit (includes all of the necessary business materials and online tools you'll need to get started and allows YOU to select $800 in jewelry from the entire current line).

With both kits, you can add additional pieces at a 50% discount. Take up to 7 days from the date you submit your agreement to select your jewelry.

In addition...

The first 200 active Advisors who join will receive a 20% LIFETIME discount on non-jewelry items (catalogs, convention, etc)!!!

If you'd like more info, please let me know. This just scratches the surface. Our comp plan is second to none! Best wishes on your search, Carole!

Last edited by GuyAndEvaGal; 09-03-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Morgan Dane Designs - .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry

Hi,

I recently made the switch to Morgan Dane Designs after selling with another well-known jewelry company for a year. I learned so much in just a year and can honestly say this opportunity with Morgan Dane is AMAZING. In just two days after signing up, I received a "Business Opportunity" request from a prospective recruit!!! My experience with jewelry direct sales has allowed me to truly compare company offering, customer service, hostess benefits, marketing materials, market saturation, etc. I definitely did my homework before making the switch. I compared not only jewelry companies but also other consumables. In the end I stuck with jewelry because I have found that women LOVE jewelry and are more willing to spend a little extra on this well-deserved, luxury for themselves. The jewlery really does sell itself.

Morgan Dane details -

Start-up: $99 with choice to purchase a pre-selected or jcustom jewelry kit to get you started. The purchase of a kit is not required. You can instead choose to begin selling without the jewelry and earn $ before you purchase the jewelry at a 55% discount.

Inventory: NONE required. It is your option to have jewelry to display, but you only need 1 item - no stocking up necessary. The great thing about the jewelry is that it serves not only as your show display but also as your advertising - you get to wear it, show it off and feel great! )

Commission : 30-35% of sales, plus bonuses for team sales quota.

Hostess Rewards - This is one of the reasons I switched to Morgan Dane Designs. Very generous rewards - hostesses can earn 30% of sales with $300 in sales (NO minimum orders required). Having sold jewelry before I can tell you this is VERY easy to do. In addition, hostesses can qualify for jewelry at 50% off as well as discounted monthly hostess specials.

Number of Reps: About 200 in the US. This is a great ground-floor opportunity!

Product differentiation: What makes this company so different? OPTIONS! Customers can choose from 3 different finishes on the silver - shiny, polished, or patina. The company also offers many of their necklaces and bracelets in different lengths. And, some earrings come with a choice - lever back or french wire. 85% of the items are handcrafterd in the USA!

I foresee explosive growth in the next couple years for Morgan Dane Designs - a great reason to get in now. If you'd like to hear more about the details of my experience and how it affected my decision or to find out more to see if this is the right opportunity for you, please contact me by accessing my website: Morgan Dane Designs IC Homepage

Best of luck to you!

Amy Aleksiev
[email protected]
Morgan Dane Designs
Old 09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Awesome WAHM

You certainly came to the right place to compare different opps! Have fun shopping around!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
WAHM Master

I can post some information here on Lia Sophia. If you want to PM me your email address I can also send you more information if you are interested.

I have been with Lia Sophia for almost 3 years now and it is an excellent way to make extra money on your own terms.

You make 30% of your sales including half price items of the hostess.

We have a customer special everyday of the week where when a customer buys 3 items, they get their MOST expensive item 50% off. We add to that every month as well. For September, when a customer buys 2 items, they can get up to 4 items at 50% off. Again, the half price is the most expensive. This is fantastic in that those higher priced items are easy to get 50% off. 70% of our product line is less than $50.

We have higher priced items basically to get people to book parties. A hostess gets one item up to $100 for $15 just for booking and then gets 4 more of the expensive items for $15-$20 each at her qualified show. So we do have higher items but we have a way to get them for very good price.

We get a 70% discount on our samples to purchase for our kit.

The only "quota" that we have is that you must submit a $250 party every 12 weeks in order to be considered active. Now, even after that you are still an advisor, you just don't get the company emails and such. I forward those to all my teammembers anyway.

we can do direct sales to individual customers for only $3.80 shipping. you make your commission. This is a great so even if you are at a time where you can't do parties, you can still do business. You can send out our monthly enewsletter when you have a website to keep your customer base apprised of the monthly special. That comes with our website of $10 a month.

As far as experiences with the company, mine are good. No company is perfect but we have grown to be the number direct sales retailer of jewelry in the US in 5 years. I think that says something about our company. They continue to invest in technology and branding. We just got a corporate Facebook page in August where a customer can upload her headshot and "try on" the jewelry on the computer. LOVE that.

The company provides many eblasts, emails, etc that are very professional looking to send out to our customers. We can check to see who has opened the email so we can follow up with them.

This is somethign that is important alos. We keep our line updated and fresh because we introduce two new catalogs a year. We carry 500 pieces in each one but we discontinue 200 of them. So basically, we get 400 new pieces of jewelry each year. That keeps hostesses wanting to rebook and custoemrs wanting to come to the parties to see what is new. We do keep up with the trends of the season for those that are very into designer styles and such.

I think we are the whole package! But you have to go with what pulls at your heartstrings. Because it doesn't matter how it looks on paper, if you don't love it, you won't be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is what will help you be successful.

Hope this helps and please let me know if I can help you further!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Active status is awarded to any Advisor that purchases a minimum of $100 in retail value worth of Guy and Eva jewelry within each calendar month. The order may be to fulfill a party order, an individual customer order (website or catalog), or simply to increase your stock on hand, as long as the retail value meets or exceeds $100.
I just wanted to add that if you go inactive it doesn't mean you are no longer able to sell.

You can also sell online from your official Guy and Eva website, which is free to Advisors.

Good luck with your search.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I've had experience with 3 different jewelry companies. One was Latasia. I'm back with my original company, most recently after a foray into the land of selling from inventory! Jewels by Park lane is the oldest and largest direct sales jewelry company. When I chose this company originally, it was because of the "wow factor" of the jewelry, the generous comp and hostess plan. With the five star hostess plan, the company pays for hundreds of dollars of free jewelry for hostesses in addition to 4 items at half price and it is really easy to book shows. Party minimum is only $175. The every day customer sale is for a $30 purchase, they can choose any item up to the purchase price for $12. With a $60 purchase, take 2 items up to purchase price for 12 a piece, and 90 or over, 3 pieces up to purchase price for 12 a piece. So, someone who purchases $100 for example, can pick three more pieces up to $100 for 12 a piece...in other words, $36 dollars will buy them $300 worth of jewelry. (And some months, like this month of September, if they purchase $60, buy 2 for 12 PLUS one free, buy $90 or more, take 3 for 12 a piece and one more free!) Customers can build a jewelry wardrobe. The pieces coordinate well with eachother.

There are no quotas to stay active. NO pressure. If you stop selling, you submit an order and you are active again. Once you move up in rank, you never get demoted or lose your team. You never go down in commission. Commissions start at 30%, go to 32% once you reach 5000 in sales, and go up to 50%. You get paid by check from the company, weekly. i.e., you submit your order by Wednesday night, you will mostly likely have your check by that same Friday. You actually see your profit in hand, like a job, I love that.

You can submit orders as a party yourself, and get the hostess gifts and benefits, thereby enabling you to earn unlimited amounts of jewelry for next to nothing. If you do decide to order samples, you can for 60% off.

There are two all expense paid vacations annually to exotic locals (Paris coming up) that consultants can win, including car bonuses, genuine jewelry, and designer outfits. You can start up for a $39.95 processing fee and earn a kit with $1,000 jewelry with an average show of $500, or you can choose to purchase the deluxe kit of $2000 in jewelry for $249 and earn commission from your first party right away. (Well, until Sept. 9th, there's a $5 kit special) Based on sales, you can win free catalogs and jewelry every month.

Park Lane has over 200 items under $50, has classic, couture, casual jewelry, and special occasion, many with genuine stones, and keeps current with the cutting edge of fashion. New jewelry is released every month, so there is always something new for repeat hostesses. And JBPL offers and unconditional lifetime replacement guarantee. A website with online shopping cart is available for a fee. Feel free to PM me for more info or a PDF of our beautiful catalogs. Jewelry is a great business! Lots of great opportunities to choose from!

Last edited by sparklingfuture; 09-03-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Super WAHM

Carole,

I'm with SD...no quotas, no minimums. If you're not familiar with SD, we sell fine sterling silver jewelry. We do not have online ordering unless you have a gift certificate then jewelry can be ordered online. You can sell from the catalog or have home shows. This is a Very stable, debt free company. If you'd like more information let me know and I'll PM you