Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Retiring...

Hello all,

I wanted to share some wonderful news - I am "retiring" from lia sophia as of the end of September. I've been with the company for 3 years as one of the first advisors in the state of Oklahoma and have had a wonderful time building an incredible team of women, but the time has come for me to hang up the bling and move on!

Some of you may recall me raving about Dave Ramsey and the financial principles he teaches, well, as a result of my husband & I following those principles the last 3 years, we are just about debt-free - the actual "debt-free" date will be in November. Since we'll be left with only a house payment, we decided it was time for me to just work one job. I have a great full-time job - one that I've never had any desire to quit to focus on LS full-time (as many have encouraged me) - and now I can work my 40 hours, then go home and do whatever I want! It's an amazing thing since for the past 6 years, I've worked 2 jobs...I almost don't know how to behave without such a full plate!

I've truly enjoyed my time with LS and firmly believe in the opportunity it offers and direct sales in general, but at this point, I'm not interested in any other part-time gigs (my husband wouldn't be happy if I decided to start another biz!). I'm blessed that I can make the choice to "retire" - I like to say that I'm going out on my terms, just like Jerry Seinfeld!

Good luck to everyone - you may see me around the boards from time to time, I'll definitely still be a jewelry hound!!

Kat
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default Congratulations!

I am very happy for you! It's nice to be in controll of your own destiny. It takes a lot for someone to go out on their own terms and know when it is time to move on. You are not going to know what to do with all of your new found free time! LOL

Congratulations again, and best wishs!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile Congrats!!!

Hi

Hearty Congratulations on your success...
Don't forget to come back here and give us advice time to time. And now evenif you don't want to be consultant you can be our customer right? lol

Be Happy and Be Healthy.

Last edited by wisegirl; 08-31-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

That is so fabulous Kat! You will be missed. My goal is to be debt free this next year too. Congrats in meeting your goal.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy your free time. It's wonderful to have free time when you can actually afford to do what you want.

Enjoy!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Super WAHM

Congratulations, Kat! How exciting to be debt-free! Not many people can say that about their financial situation. Best wishes!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank you ladies, it's pretty amazing to be in control of my destiny - or at the very least - to be able to have CHOICES because of our financial situation. I know that God is in ultimate control and that He has great things planned for my life as I live to serve Him. I know that it can only be Him leading my steps, otherwise, I wouldn't feel such tremendous peace to walk away from something that I've loved so much and that's been so rewarding on so many levels, financially, socially, emotionally.

My peace was confirmed this past weekend when I helped a team member with some training. I thought I might feel a bit of a pull back into the jewelry fold and guess what? I didn't. Not to say I didn't enjoy the time, and still love doing training, but I just didn't feel the overwhelming urge to keep my business going. It was awesome to know that I'm totally on the right path!

Yes, wisegirl, I'll still be a customer, just now I'll be able to wear ALL the various lines!!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Awesome WAHM

Great work! I love to see others accomplish their goals in DS...and building up a biz in a new area isn't easy. Enjoy your new found freedom! Many blessings on your family!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Congrats on almost being debt-free! Best of luck in your future endeavors!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Super WAHM

Kat,

I'm so happy for you! Love Dave Ramsey!