Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Default What happened to this site?

Hi, I used to be a regular poster/subscriber here well over a decade ago and I recently signed back up because I'm back in the saddle of wanting/needing WAH - and.... wow.

I don't get it? Years ago, WAH was just starting to gain traction, barely - but yet this site was flourishing and now, when WAH is more mainstream than ever it's... shrinking?

I don't want to be discouraged but it's SO hard not to be... 3 pages only in Telecommute? Is there a way to access older pages? I might not want to post, but the info in those posts I'm sure would be HUGELY helpful.. am I missing something?

Are there other sites besides this one out there now, that I should be checking out?

I guess I just don't understand, and am feeling inexplicably sad.. this site helped me SOOO MUCH in the past and now, to see it dwindling.. *shakes head*

If this post is inappropriate, etc. I do apologize - I mean no harm, but I LOVED this site, I STILL do... and wasn't entirely sure where to express my heartbreak and though now dimmer, not entirely squashed hope that WAH sites like this still have a place?

It's good to be here again, and good to see you all, god bless! xx

Sincerely,
Lyn

EDIT: To say I'm from the USA, EST - been WFH since 2003.

Last edited by PathLessTraveledBy; 10-05-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2018, 06:13 PM
Grand WAHM

Lyn,

I think forums in general have gotten quieter as more people have been moving to social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Still, there is a good community of people here though.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Registered WAHM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
Lyn,

I think forums in general have gotten quieter as more people have been moving to social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc. Still, there is a good community of people here though.
Ah, this is true - honestly I can't stand those sites, Facebook and all that but I'm old fashioned I guess, LOL. Do you or does anyone else know how to access the older archive of posts here? As I mentioned, the main Telecommute folder only shows 3 pages but there's bound to be more, older ones - anyway to "view only" those...?

There used to be some other sites too, like Pam's... gosh I forget the name of it, but "Pam" something...? Wish my old computer hadn't died, it had everything bookmarked for easy checking if they'd still be around.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Yep! I did the same thing. I signed up in 2004 originally under the name of Trinitygaze (I've found old posts of mine but can't log into that account any more).

I found the transcription company that I ended up working on and off for 12 years for here and I believe they are still hiring TASK Transcription Services and their career page is Apply | TASK Transcription Services

As noted above social media platform groups in Facebook and LinkedIn really have taken over and people have left stand alone sites to go there. I know that WAHM is still moderated as I had an email exchange with a moderator recently, but it's definitely not like it used to be.

Now I started a bookkeeping business and am seeking clients and also signed up as an affiliate so I'm on here answering bookkeeping and tax questions and letting folks know about BBL (more info in my signature).

What type of WAH work are you seeking? What equipment do you have now? What are your skills?
Old 10-18-2018, 09:59 AM
WAHM Addict

I was wondering the same things. This used to be a busy board with lots of useful information. I had several things I came here for and no luck. Back to Facebook I guess.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:23 PM
WAHM Regular

This use to be a booming site but I think Facebook grabbed all the attention.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Grand WAHM

Hopefully it will pick up a bit again. It used to be so busy here (in a good way).