Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Hi my name is....

These introduction threads always remind me of those meetings where you go in to learn about products and not say anything but then you get called out and you're like uhm... ok.... insert awkward moment. That being said...

Hello everyone. My name is Amanda and mother to four year old boy and found out right before Christmas that I was pregnant with my second child (currently eight weeks pregnant as of tomorrow). I'm engaged, getting married to a man who has six children from previous relationships. I'm excited, it's one step closer to what I pictured my life would be when I was younger.

I joined the Navy and then was discharged medically four months later in April 2005 for a pre-existing medical condition. Unfortunately that prevented me from doing any manual labor jobs. I tried working for Wal-Mart and Amazon but standing for any extended period of time, especially after having my son, became impossible. So that brought on my work from home/self employment lifestyle.

I've worked for about a half dozen direct sales businesses, done some light babysitting jobs. I currently work for Uber and Lyft. I like the businesses and knowing that I am getting people from point A to point B safely but I want something more. My situation changing isn't helping that either. With my son I feel I've missed a huge portion of his life the past year spending 50 hours a week in my car. He's preparing to go into Kindergarden and I feel I've missed so much already.

2018 is about change for me. I will still work for Uber/Lyft until I can safely transition into other lines of work. My goal in the next quarter is to start school for my Real Estate License and put my past decade of research into the subject of marketing and investing into something I love. I want to focus more on my family and not working my life away. I want to get back to the basics of life and not running on a wheel that gets no where.

I look forward to meeting people here. I feel like from what I've read so far I will fit in with a lot of people. I'm super excited to see what I learn here and apply it to my daily life.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Welcome Amanda.

Considering what you said I would recommend that you select one area and focus on that. It's the best way to successfully create a work-from-home lifestyle so that you can spend more time with your children.

There are plenty of options and you can find many of them on this forum. For a start, do you want to begin a business of your own or get a work-from-home job? Once you decide that you'll need to discover what niche you want to work in to make your choice happen.

You can find information to help you by going to the main forum and looking through the various boards to find those that relate to the type of work and subject area that you choose. Also, take a look at the signatures of the members here who provide information that you find helpful and interesting.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:33 AM
WAHM Regular

I spent a bit of time digging around, looking through the posts last night. I wanted to be a fiction writer one day, and I have written a lot for personal blogs (that I ultimately end up deleting for whatever reason). I applied for a couple of writing/editing sites yesterday and am waiting to hear back from them. If you can't tell, I like writing novels.... haha!

The problem is, my fiance is currently in what's called a PACE class. He's doing the class so that he can have a fast track into one of the builders unions in downtown Seattle. I am the primary source of income for our "household" right now. Unfortunately I don't have reliable day care or else I'd be working my eight hours during the busy part of the day making my $1200 a week with Uber/Lyft. So I've been forced to work nights and weekends. It's going to be rough but maybe it's for the better. I don't know yet.

I just know that I spend roughly 60 hours on the road a week (or I did before I lost my daycare) and I'm done with it. I still have to do it because someone has to pay the bills and this PACE class goes until the middle of March. I know building up a writers portfolio takes time and I'm kinda in this "its my money and I need it now" moment of my life. I keep having to take a step back and reconsider options so that I don't go running full sprint into a scam.

To be honest I feel like this is the worst possible time in my life to do this but at the same time I have no choice. I know that I have to get up and work but finding the motivation when I feel like a failure is hard. Answering the questions needed for signing up for sites is hard. Things were going so well for them to all come crashing down so quickly last year. I just know that starting something like this up takes time and I don't know if I can.... I know that sounds rough and I'm sure someone will think after reading this that I shouldn't. But here I am, doing it anyway.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Grand WAHM

Welcome to the forum Amanda

Sorry for the tough times you've been through, and it sounds like you have a great attitude.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:02 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM I am sorry you are struggling. It is so hard to be stuck in a job that you donít want to be at.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Like Dana said, you sound like you have the right attitude.

I don't believe you can be a failure as long as you're still trying. Perseverance is the key to success and it's the individual failures we face and struggle through that shape our character and our future.

I don't delete anything I write. If there's any reason I can't use it at the moment I stick it in a for future consideration type folder. Never know when something I wrote years ago might tickle my creative juices. Sometimes when I'm trying to come up with an idea or find a way to lay out my content I glance through that folder to see if anything there can help.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:21 PM
WAHM Regular

I do... I delete more than I should but I made a promise to myself not to do it anymore. I just worry sometimes. A lot of the things that I wrote about and deleted has to do with mental health and stuff. I worry that people will read it and then once they figure out who I am will report me and even though I'm not a threat to anyone, having to deal with CPS and prove things would crash my depression so hard that THEN they could consider me unfit.

That's where the failure thing comes into mind. I was the victim of 17 continuous years and then on and off for another 11 of mental and verbal abuse. I have all the knowledge to do these things and I know if I did them I could be successful, but failing stops me and so I start but never follow through. It's been that way for the past 10ish years. Real pain in the butt. But, here's to hoping this year I can be strong and stand up to it.

Anywho, rambling.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Awesome WAHM

The most powerful story is your own story. If you'd like a little help with how to tell your story you might read Russel Brunson's book, Expert Secrets. The book is free, but you pay the shipping - $7.95 in the US.

This is not an affiliate link. The address is: https://expertsecrets.com/freebook?c...SAAEgLX3vD_BwE

It might help you put your story together in a way that you're comfortable with.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Today was a little better of a morning. I was up really late last night, my mind wouldn't stop thinking. I think I finally fell asleep around 3am. This morning I was sluggish waking up because of lack of sleep. Morning sickness got to me so I ended up laying there for almost an hour. I did finally eat something and get up. This pregnancy is far more intrusive than my first. I feel like that is going to be most of the push for me to work from home more.

I've spent a lot of this morning cleaning up my receipts. I have a rabbit breeding/showing hobby and I've been keeping receipts on their expenses, more or less just to get back into the practice of tracking everything. Well they've been stacking up for the last half of the year and I'm finally getting to the point of getting it all caught up. The last half of last year screwed me up a lot. But a little progress everyday is better than no progress right? Right.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

Have you considered writing a book or tutorial about how to breed and care for rabbits?

Might be a start.