Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Hello..intro and business question

Hello. My name is Michelle. I'm a mostly SAHM to 4 children; 18,16,13, and 7. I substitute teach and clean house for 1 family. I just can not seem to get a decent job. I've been home for 17 years, and am lacking in the skills, education and experience dept. But I'm really looking into starting my own business. I've cruised around the boards and can't seem to find anything for women who want to start from the ground up an original (not direct selling,telecommuting,etc) jobs.
What I would like to do is start an Errand Service. I'm steadily doing research on fees and services offered, but it would be helpful to talk or chat with someone who maybe has a business like this or started something similar from scratch. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Concierge RN
WAHM Professional

Hi Michelle,
Good luck with your search. Keep looking, you will find what is the right fit for you.
Warm regards
Old 08-14-2014, 06:41 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM Its nice to meet you . I'm a wife and mom of three . I've worked from home off and on for 14 years and love it !
Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Just wanted to say hello Michelle. I hope that you are able to find what you are looking for.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Grand WAHM

Welcome to the forum Michelle
Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Grand WAHM

Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Welcome!!

This is a great place to be! Hope you can find the right fit for yourself and your family
Old 08-19-2014, 04:57 AM
Banned

Here's my suggestion . . .

A lot of internet marketers forget how we can integrate offline into our online business; meld the two. I have several online-offline hybrids and they do well. So my suggestion . . . search around Google with those keywords in mind. You'll dig up plenty of business models that you can emulate and improve upon.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleLB View Post
Hello. My name is Michelle. I'm a mostly SAHM to 4 children; 18,16,13, and 7. I substitute teach and clean house for 1 family. I just can not seem to get a decent job. I've been home for 17 years, and am lacking in the skills, education and experience dept. But I'm really looking into starting my own business. I've cruised around the boards and can't seem to find anything for women who want to start from the ground up an original (not direct selling,telecommuting,etc) jobs.
What I would like to do is start an Errand Service. I'm steadily doing research on fees and services offered, but it would be helpful to talk or chat with someone who maybe has a business like this or started something similar from scratch. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Hi Michelle, welcome to the boards! I think your idea is a good one. Can't help you with fees and such, but I think word of mouth would be a great way to start. As you probably know with having 4 kids, we spend way too much time running errands, kids to activities etc. You might have just stumbled onto something that could turn into a lucrative business for you.

Don't short change yourself because you have stayed at home. I've done the same thing (my girls are 19 and 13) and even with my education (I have a Master's degree), I have had to get very creative on my resume when I've looked for work outside the home. Hence my husband and I owning our own businesses I guess

Best of luck and if you get an Errand Service up and running let us know!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi and welcome! It sounds to me you are at a loss as to even where to start. I have an MBA and have started a number of businesses from scratch. Including the one I just started. First you need the foundation. You need a plan. What is your intention? What is your pricing structure? Who is your target market? If you would like to discuss your options you can pm me if you would like I hope this helps you a little