Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Unhappy Afraid I Might be Diabetic

It doesn't run in my family at all, but I have many of the symptoms... just as of the past few weeks. So, I'm calling my doctor in the morning. I just wonder if anyone here can tell my symptoms could be anything else.

For the past month I've been thirsty all the time, waking up with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. I used to drink nothing but diet coke. STUPID. I did this for years. Yes, I had a problem... it was how I dealt with miscarriages. Every time we miscarried I went back to diet coke. By the time we'd had our 6th, I didn't stop (never drank it when I was pg though). Over the past few weeks I've been drinking coffee in the morning and water in the afternoons. I usually down about 60 ounces of water a day now, but my mouth is still dry. I thought all that water would make me feel healthier, but I can't tell a difference.

There are days when I have to run to the restroom a lot, other days I feel pretty normal in that regard, but my urine smells sweet???? TMI and I'm sorry! I just need someone with any expertise or experience with this to share what they know.

I'm also having an increasingly difficult time holding my urine. Thought it was my age (42) and the fact I've had two kids, but it just recently went from bad to horrible. I even woke up with wet sheets one day last week and that has NEVER happened. Totally humiliating. I can go to the restroom, then stand up to pull up my pants and leak everywhere??? I'm wearing pads every day and night now. Just crazy.

I'm tired all the time, but have thyroid disease, so typically assume that's the cause. I also have a very stressful family life, so that would wear anyone out.

The scariest symptom of all, my vision is blurry and I just had my eyes checked last fall. I can't see like I should be able to.

My weight is 180 and I'm 5'5. I have been trying to lose weight, but crave carbs. On days when I eat sugar I feel sick later and most of the next day. So why do I eat it? I crave it so badly I can't think of anything else.

This isn't a medical forum! lol I get that, but since there are so many of us here I was hoping someone might just be able to chat with me about what I'm experiencing. The idea of not being healthy is a bit overwhelming to me. Other than my hashimotos thyroid, I've always been healthy.

Sorry if I've shared to much personal info! It doesn't embarrass me to share these details and since I'm back in school trying to get into nursing school... nothing seems off limits for discussion! lol
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 08:24 AM
WAHM Master

Go to the doctor ! You wang to get whatever is wrong under control .
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by malea View Post
Go to the doctor ! You wang to get whatever is wrong under control .
Promise I will! Just trying to keep my brain busy before I can talk to him. I guess I'm anxious.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:35 AM
WAHM Addict

You should really see a doctor it could be something else. You don't want to over think and make matters worst. Try to eliminate as much stress as possible. Stress is a silent killer many people don't realize that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel better.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Grand WAHM

I hope the Dr's visit turns out well wsue. Best of luck.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:53 PM
WAHM Addict

Just wanted to share this update... I am not diabetic! Whew! My thyroid was just off. So relieved!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:09 PM
WAHM Master

Yay ..thats good new
Old 04-22-2014, 06:15 PM
Super WAHM

Diabetes is reversible with diet and exercise. Don't wait until it's too late. Take action now to get this under control. Your health is the most important thing you have.

-Just read your update...happy to hear it's not diabetes...that's good news!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Awesome WAHM

I am glad to hear it is not diabetes. I have several family members who are diabetic due to lifestyle. It isn't funny at all and unfortunately they have not made many changes to their bad habits or sedentary ways.

Take care of yourself still!!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
WAHM Regular

Glad to hear it's not diabetes.