Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Angry Still No Tap Water Here In WV....

Sorry to vent...but it is really frustrating. Don't get me wrong...everyone here has done a wonderful job being polite, getting us water, helping each other out...I LOVE that part. But at the last press conference yesterday (4:30 pm) we were lead to believe that we were almost at the end. They have now begun to flush the water plant system and if the levels of chemicals are still under 1 parts pers million they will slowly open zones. The good news is that they will start in Charleston where the hospitals are, restaurants and businesses. Once 1 zone is open and they take more test sampling of water all in that zone and everything stays under levels they will open another zone. So far, no zones have opened and no clue when the first one will. Not to mention today most people are back at work so they will not be home to do the protocol TO begin flushing and cleaning our homes.
My son has only had 1 1/2 day and 1 full day of school since Dec 17th. He has missed most of the days due to the negative temps and now this. No clue if schools will be open tomorrow yet since w have a long day ahead to flush out systems once given the OK to do so and clean up.
On top of everything...my new business went fully operational on Friday with bidding and I'm so excited but just feel like the timing is all wrong. I was able to get a few press releases out and today I'm going to try and do a few craigslist ads. It's just been crazy up and downs in emotions.....hope the state of emergency and no water use ban will be done by today.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Wow! Thats awful!
We in California are praying for rain. Its been years since winter has even felt like winter. Talk of water rationing has started.

UGH

Bonnie
Old 01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Sorry to hear that Bonnie. We were hoping today would be "the day" but they just called school off again tomorrow and they let "zone 1" start flushing their systems and then they were working outward. We hoped each zone might take an hour or two...but it's been 4 1/2 hours since the first zone started and no clue when they will let the next zone start. Just crazy!!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imktdqt810 View Post
Sorry to vent...but it is really frustrating. Don't get me wrong...everyone here has done a wonderful job being polite, getting us water, helping each other out...I LOVE that part. But at the last press conference yesterday (4:30 pm) we were lead to believe that we were almost at the end. They have now begun to flush the water plant system and if the levels of chemicals are still under 1 parts pers million they will slowly open zones. The good news is that they will start in Charleston where the hospitals are, restaurants and businesses. Once 1 zone is open and they take more test sampling of water all in that zone and everything stays under levels they will open another zone. So far, no zones have opened and no clue when the first one will. Not to mention today most people are back at work so they will not be home to do the protocol TO begin flushing and cleaning our homes.
My son has only had 1 1/2 day and 1 full day of school since Dec 17th. He has missed most of the days due to the negative temps and now this. No clue if schools will be open tomorrow yet since w have a long day ahead to flush out systems once given the OK to do so and clean up.
On top of everything...my new business went fully operational on Friday with bidding and I'm so excited but just feel like the timing is all wrong. I was able to get a few press releases out and today I'm going to try and do a few craigslist ads. It's just been crazy up and downs in emotions.....hope the state of emergency and no water use ban will be done by today.
Sad story. I imagine you have to boil gallons of water just to take a bath, if that's even feasible. I have been seeing the news coverage of it. I really hope they get your water back on very soon. I don't know how I would be in the same situation. Prayers for you tonight.