Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Does Anyone Else Feel In A Rutt?

I have been applying here and there but I find SO MANY places that either ask for a fee or a sign up "membership". I found one today that I spent about 45 mins going through their "online application" and finished it but all the jobs I then tried to "apply for" asked for my credit score number (which if you click the link to get it bring you to a Transunion site to pay to get your score) and IF you do have your score then then ask you to pay for a background check. And looking at the different jobs...you need to "request and pay" for a BG check for EACH application. Crazy!!!
So I'm having one of those "pick myself up off the floor and start all over again" kinda days. Just wondered if it was because it's Monday..anyone else feel that way today also?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Try not to let it get you down.

I'm always happy to offer advice here on WAHM or via the newsletter on my site below. Instead of working for other people, you might want to consider being your own boss and looking around for online opportunities. Just don't hand over your credit card just yet. There are plenty of free methods and ideas to get you started, depending on your skills and knowledge.

All the best,

Maria
Old 11-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Registered WAHM

I know how you feel. I have been trying to get some WAH jobs/opportunities started since before my son was born in 2012. I especially needed it when he was born at 24 weeks and I had to take a whole year off work. I am now back to work in the medical field, I do 3 days of 12 hour shifts, so I have 4 days off a week.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:54 PM
WAHM Master

I know it's frustrating .. Unfortunately a lot of companies do have you pay for your own background check . I've never heard of them asking you to pay for your own credit score .... That seems a little strange to me .
Old 11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Grand WAHM

Try to stay positive and don't give up. I know it's tough.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:30 PM
WAHM Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by danasurvey View Post
Try to stay positive and don't give up. I know it's tough.
I agree! Remember, this too shall pass. Stay open and I'll bet great opps will come your way!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:48 AM
WAHM Regular

What people fail to see about *paying* to start an (@ home) business v.s a *free* job is, you're still paying, sometimes even more to have employment! How? You gotta pay a babysitter or center, right? How do you know how they're treating your child? Seen the horrible news stories? You gotta answer an alarm clock and go in when you don't feel like it. You can't leave work early because a 'funny' feeling is telling you something just isn't right. What about cost factor for dry cleaning? (Growing out of or tired of your old wardrobe?) Add in the cost for new clothes--even if they come from a consignment shop! Do you drive yourself or commute? Factor in that gas (with its ever fluctuating gas prices!) to get to work every day! Lunch? Do you brown bag it or buy it? Either way--the food still has to be bought! Shoes need re-heeling? And on and on and on....and the real kicker is...unless you're the big boss signing those paychecks--no matter how many hours you work...your pay rate stays the same!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:12 PM
WAHM Regular

I feel the same way. Its not easy anymore looking for a job outside the home, because of my age (I think, because they are looking for younger people so they don't have to pay as much), and trying to find an at home job is just as bad. You don't know what you are getting into, and most of the stuff I look at don't seem true. For example, those "opportunities" where you can make money doing free survey's.... I don't understand how they are going to pay you if no one pays for something, especially as much as they claim you can make. I don't get it, maybe because I am old I guess, lol