Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM
WAHM Addict

Question Tick bites and swollen lymph node? Anyone experience this before?

I just removed tick #3 from my body in a time span of only 10 days and besides being completely disgusted, I'm wondering if the swollen lymph node I found last night in my neck is somehow related.

I don't know how long the lymph node has been swollen. I don't spend a lot of time feeling my neck, but found it last night after a mommy meltdown. Ever had one of those? I was sitting in my car crying and rubbing my neck. Thought it was likely a gland, but found online a diagram showing the location of nodes and it makes more sense to be a node than a gland.

I feel fine otherwise.

So, I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow, but in the meantime, wonder if anyone out there has had a similar reaction to a tick? Two of the nasty beasts were on my head and the other on the back of my leg. The one on the back of my leg I thought to be a scab ALL WEEKEND! Today I took it off and only after popping my contact out and getting a real good look did I realize it was another tick.

I went a couple decades without getting bit, only to have had 3 ticks in May!

Bleck!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Ticks are horrible this year in oklahoma too

Ticks are HORRIBLE in Oklahoma this year. I can't find anything that works. Frontline is a joke. I am getting some clove oil and mix it with peppermint oil to spray on my two wolves and three dogs this week. We have already had our house sprayed once and vacuum every day. I have never seen ticks this bad. My husband and I have both been bitten numerous times and it is dangerous. I know that AVON SKIN SO SOFT has worked to keep them off of us and has helped tremendously with the animals too. That is the original Skin So Soft bath oil. We put it in a spray bottle and spray it on when we are going outside. And put it on the dogs and wolves and rub it in. I certainly hope your check-up turns out okay. Tick bites are not to be taken lightly.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Please make sure to get checked for Lyme's disease. It has a multitude of signs & symptoms.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:01 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Absolutely! Is it true that treatment is best, or maybe only effective if started quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessYourHeart View Post
Please make sure to get checked for Lyme's disease. It has a multitude of signs & symptoms.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Super WAHM

Ugh, hate those ticks. My aunt got lymes disease from one last summer. And I do believe the sooner the better on the treatment. She had a terrible time with it.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
WAHM Addict

Will call and make an appointment in the morning. Guess I need to find an Avon lady in my area too! lol I've heard good things about Skin so Soft, but had forgotten about it.

Since posting I found another tick! This one was on the wall inside our garage. What the heck! We used Vectra on our dog last year. Need to get her prescription filled again. We've dropped the ball on that too.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Grand WAHM

o sheesh lady no fun! Feel better!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 PM
WAHM Master

Yikes! Glad you're getting checked out to be safe. Hope it turns out to be nothing.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:05 AM
WAHM Addict

My doctor put me on an antibiotic and told me to come back if the lymph node gets any bigger or is still swollen in 2 weeks. He said he didn't know if I got a bad tick or not, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Last night (hadn't started antibiotics yet) I had the worst pain in my stomach, with no other symptoms of illness and now I'm getting a rash all along the back of my neck. Again, who knows if any of this is related to an infected tick.

One of the ticks was on he base of my hairline on the back of my neck, so maybe that's why I have the rash? I just rubbed cortisone cream all over the back of my neck. The itching was making me nuts!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:39 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsue View Post
My doctor put me on an antibiotic and told me to come back if the lymph node gets any bigger or is still swollen in 2 weeks. He said he didn't know if I got a bad tick or not, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Last night (hadn't started antibiotics yet) I had the worst pain in my stomach, with no other symptoms of illness and now I'm getting a rash all along the back of my neck. Again, who knows if any of this is related to an infected tick.

One of the ticks was on he base of my hairline on the back of my neck, so maybe that's why I have the rash? I just rubbed cortisone cream all over the back of my neck. The itching was making me nuts!
Rash is also one of the first symptoms of Lyme's. There is a specific blood test for Lyme's and I don't think there is a definitive diagnosis except for this blood test.

Tags
tick bites, ticks