Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessYourHeart View Post
Rash is also one of the first symptoms of Lyme's. There is a specific blood test for Lyme's and I don't think there is a definitive diagnosis except for this blood test.
I also had a horrible stomach ache last night... didn't start my antibiotic until today because I didn't want to add to whatever I was already experiencing.

He didn't offer to check for Lyme's, but if the symptoms linger, I'll ask. I have a friend with Lyme's disease. She told me it was very difficult to find a dr. who would give her the test, and even harder to find a dr. who would agree that she was sick. There are certain bands they look for and if you don't have a certain number of those bands, they'll dismiss you. She had 4 or 5 bands... I think, can't remember now, but she was unable to work for 2 years... and yet they tried to tell her she wasn't ill. Finally she found someone who was willing to treat her, but for insurance reasons, still won't call it Lyme's. That dr. has stopped "officially" seeing Lyme's patients because of issues with insurance companies. Nice huh?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsue View Post
I also had a horrible stomach ache last night... didn't start my antibiotic until today because I didn't want to add to whatever I was already experiencing.

He didn't offer to check for Lyme's, but if the symptoms linger, I'll ask. I have a friend with Lyme's disease. She told me it was very difficult to find a dr. who would give her the test, and even harder to find a dr. who would agree that she was sick. There are certain bands they look for and if you don't have a certain number of those bands, they'll dismiss you. She had 4 or 5 bands... I think, can't remember now, but she was unable to work for 2 years... and yet they tried to tell her she wasn't ill. Finally she found someone who was willing to treat her, but for insurance reasons, still won't call it Lyme's. That dr. has stopped "officially" seeing Lyme's patients because of issues with insurance companies. Nice huh?
We have a young girl in our community that her mom had to DEMAND that she be checked for Lyme's. They had run her through everything with many doctors. Sure enough, the test was positive. Months had passed since then. She spent many, many months in the hospital and has finally recouped enough to go back to school.

That is why I was worried for you. Don't be "swept under the rug" if you feel like you need further testing and treatment.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 AM
Super WAHM

Some people get rashes some don't. They should have done a blood test ( like posted above) the rash sometimes I think is referred to looking round and like a bullseye. My aunt also had almost flu type symptoms and being very tired.
If they haven't tested you, insist that you get tested.

Last edited by juststacy; 05-30-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Tags
tick bites, ticks