Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Newbie with questions

Hello everyone! I am a happily married mother of two who currently teaches in the public school system. I want to become a WAHM more than anything. I have researched different jobs but I honestly don't know where to start. I don't expect to get rich. I just want to stay home with my children. I have a BS in Early Childhood Ed. I have over ten years of clerical experience. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Grand WAHM

I'd recommend checking out the telecommuting section of the forum. Most of the leads posted there are customer service related, and your clerical experience and experience working with people (students, parents, etc.). would be a big plus.

Welcome to the forum Laura.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 AM
WAHM Master

Welcome to WAHM
Old 04-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Super WAHM

Hi! Welcome to WAHM! I was also a teacher (just resigned after a 2 year maternity leave in Jan). Being home with my kids is one of the reasons I got into direct sales and it's been amazing. Home with the kids during the day and then out of the house a few nights a week! It's the best of both worlds. What kinds of things are you thinking about? Any specific wahm job/opportunity or are you just looking to finding out more about what's available?
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Theresa Wilkins

While direct sales/network marketing is in fact always a great way to bring in some money and build a residual income over time, you can also use the skills you already have to earn money. I'm sure you became a teacher because you love to teach! And you will likely want to get the pay you aer worth to do t his. You can do this online as well - of course keep in mind teaching jobs online may pay less then traditional teaching jobs because you won't have the overhead of gasoline, clothing, etc.

There's a site I used to work through years ago called tjobs.com. It's now called flexjobs.com. There are all different categories of work there. Back when it was tjobs it cost like $15 a year for the subscription and was worth it. It may be more now. I dont' know. Unlike Elance.com and Guru.com where you bid on work against others, flexjobs is more like applying for brick and mortar jobs where you apply for openings that already have a set rate of pay, are interviewed and hired direct; sometimes as a W2 employee and sometimes as a 1099 independent contractor.

When you go to the website there are many categories. You will see one called Education and Training jobs.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Banned

Welcome to the forums and best wishes to you in your search

Alison
Old 04-03-2013, 07:05 AM
Grand WAHM

Old 04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Awesome WAHM

Looks like you already got wonderful advice from some of the other ladies! I just wanted to add that if you aren't sure about something (whether it is a legitimate job/opportunity or a scam, etc) then do your research. Ask questions here on WAHM, too! We try to help each other out. Good luck on your search!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
WAHM Addict

All the responses before mine were great. I would like to add that there are also many business opportunities represented here on WAHM. If you want a regular salary and guaranteed income, stick with a job.

If you want to be your own boss and build your own business, look in the various company folders here on WAHM. You can also select the links on members' signature blocks to learn more about specific companies.

I wish you luck whatever direction youi take. Welcome to WAHM!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Laura, just wanted to welcome you to the forums.