Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:13 AM
WAHM Addict

I know you said noise might be an issue, but there are noise cancelling headphones that work wonders, so phone jobs may not be completely out of the question. Heck, if you needed to, you could even clear out a closet with a door and set up an office inside that to block a lot of the ambient noise (don't laugh, many people do something like this in smaller homes/apartments LOL). Also, you said you're more of a hardware guy, but you might consider tech phone support (maybe something like this: Apple - Jobs at Apple - Apple At-Home Advisor Pro (us)).

Good luck and congrats on your new little one!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

Try searching through the telecommuting folder and get as much info on the opportunities there. Good Luck!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Grand WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBamTxUMaam View Post
I know you said noise might be an issue, but there are noise cancelling headphones that work wonders, so phone jobs may not be completely out of the question. Heck, if you needed to, you could even clear out a closet with a door and set up an office inside that to block a lot of the ambient noise !
I love that think outside the box! Where theres a will theres a way
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jacobs View Post
I love that think outside the box! Where theres a will theres a way
That is thinking outside the box, but we don't have any closets large enough to even contemplate doing something like that.

Being on a fixed income though, having to get all this equipment is not going to happen.

I am still looking through the telecommuting folder though.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
WAHM Addict

While this isn't going to make her money today, have her start a blog about her battles, challenges, and victories with MS. She can even write about her struggles with finding a work at home job.

Bloggers can make a few dollars blogging through Google Adsense (those annoying ads you find on most websites, free to join, and can be added with a click of a mouse on a free blogspot.com blog), affiliate marketing (sometimes they even find you), and sites that pay you to blog for sponsors (look up IZEA, specifically... PayPerPost and Social Spark... once the blog is at least 90 days old and has no fewer than 20 posts).

Blogspot is free. I'd start there and if the blog goes anywhere she could eventually buy her own domain for just $10 annually, or transfer to Wordpress.org, which would require a hosting service and a small fee of maybe $7 per month at the most. Professional bloggers usually tell you to use Wordpress, but I've mainly used Blogger and have made money.

Have her start a Facebook page for her blog (also free), a Twitter account, a Pinterest account, and a Google + for her blog. Again, all are free. Then, have her increase traffic by doing a search for "blogger opportunities" under a Google Blog Search. This will help her find any number of FREE opporutinities to team up with other bloggers promoting giveaways where she can benefit from the traffic, gain followers on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.

There is a blogger's folder here on this blog if she wants to check it out. I'm much the novice despite having blogged since 2005! lol

If she falls in love with the idea and wants to go pro or look more professional and really attract an audience and advertisers, have her visit problogger.net. It's owned by a 6 figure blogger who knows his stuff!

I'd have her blog while she looks for the write job from home. If she never finds what she is looking for, she'll at least have an established blog that will hopefully bring in some income.

Blessings,
~Wendy

Last edited by wsue; 01-05-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
WAHM Master

Have you thought about working Mturk or one of those sites .. Long enough to get the extra money you might need for equipment ?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

I second the suggestion to look inside the Telecommuting folder. Tons of job leads get posted there regularly. There is another work at home forum called Work Place Like Home with more leads that's good to check.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Grand WAHM

Welcome and good luck to you with your search